blood pressure?

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
mic0

blood pressure?

Post by mic0 »

Do any of you all have experience measuring your blood pressure at home?
Portia

Re: blood pressure?

Post by Portia »

Nope, but I got it done at Target. It was very good. :D
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Oh, congrats. :) Mine is always terrible, every time, every where. (Except maybe not at home, so I'm going to try it at home.)
Portia

Post by Portia »

mic0 wrote:Oh, congrats. :) Mine is always terrible, every time, every where. (Except maybe not at home, so I'm going to try it at home.)
Awwwww. I think it must be largely genetic. Yoga might have helped mine, but otherwise, no idea why it's so good.

My cholesterol, on the other hand, I don't even know if I want to know.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I learned how to do it my Sophomore or Junior year of high school. So clearly I'm an expert. Come on over. With the stuff. :)

My mom's always had high blood pressure. Except when pregnant with me, she had low blood pressure. And I've always had low blood pressure (though not an excellent heart rate, which I attribute to rarely exercising). I've often wondered if the two were related. Then again, my mom said she ate a lot of chocolate with the three oldest, who all have brown hair. Then she didn't eat any with the youngest three and we were all blond or red-headed. I'm a little more skeptical of that correlation. :)
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Portia, I think it is largely genetic, too. :P

DL, I would if I still lived in UT! :D Thanks for the offer, though. Your mom has quite the theory going there, haha - maybe I should stop eating chocolate? O_o'

At the doctor, he asked me if I drink a lot of coffee or anything, which was funny to me because compared to four years ago I *do* drink a lot of coffee (anything more than 0 is a lot!), but in reality I probably drink 1 cup of coffee every other month. It was hard to answer.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

mic0 wrote:At the doctor, he asked me if I drink a lot of coffee or anything, which was funny to me because compared to four years ago I *do* drink a lot of coffee (anything more than 0 is a lot!), but in reality I probably drink 1 cup of coffee every other month. It was hard to answer.
Bahaha I'm doing good if I just have one a day ...
Portia

Post by Portia »

I got asked that today, too. When I said I have a LOT of caffeine, the researcher seemed surprised that a latte a day was a "lot."

Hasn't hurt my blood pressure!