Answers I liked

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Giovanni Schwartz

Re: Answers I liked

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Concorde wrote:
Portia wrote:Concorde, I forgive you for the countless wrongs you have committed against me. You need to take some time to recover emotionally.

(Seriously, I gasped.)
So did my roommate. She walked into the apartment just in time to see me stabbing a squash with lipstick and eyeliner on it on the living room carpet. If she didn't already think I was nuts, she thinks so now.
Ha. I can only imagine.
Owlet
Board Writer

Post by Owlet »

Concorde wrote:She walked into the apartment just in time to see me stabbing a squash with lipstick and eyeliner on it on the living room carpet. If she didn't already think I was nuts, she thinks so now.
And looking at pictures of murdered vegetables is why my roommates think I'm nuts.

That answer was seriously hilarious. I'm sorry it had to come at such a cost.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/75598/

There is no reason to buy eighty million presents for a couple unless you just want to. (I only invited a small handful of girls to my bachelorette party, and only maybe half of them brought gifts. (In the non-Mormon world, lingerie and miscellaneous sexual goodies are standard bachelorette fare.)) I also liked Genuine's point about gifts being like Social Security. Someday I will be able to afford lots of nice gifts for people! That will be fun!
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I just saw a post on facebook where one of my friends mentioned that they had 5 baby showers, and the baby isn't even here yet. Granted, 3 of them were surprises, but seriously?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Ug, that many baby showers would kill me. "For the next shower, everybody should just LEAVE ME THE HECK ALONE."
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

That reminds me of when my grandma threw me another bridal shower two days before my wedding (because she didn't get to go to the other one? because more of my family was here?). It wasn't too bad, but there is something embarrassing about your grandma giving you lingerie.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

As long as we're on the subject of bridal showers, I'd like to share this gem.
Violet

Post by Violet »

yayfulness wrote:As long as we're on the subject of bridal showers, I'd like to share this gem.
He might be my favorite BYU personality. Also, this is fantastic.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

My mom and cousin once gave another cousin an empty box for a bridal shower with a note on the outside, "to wear on your wedding night." The poor, naive girl opened it and in genuine confusion said, "But there's nothing in here!"

They were most worried about the reaction it would pull from their mothers who were present, but apparently they're the ones that laughed the hardest.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

That's a really funny gift! :)
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Heehee! I am going to steal that idea sometime...
Portia

Post by Portia »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:I just saw a post on facebook where one of my friends mentioned that they had 5 baby showers, and the baby isn't even here yet. Granted, 3 of them were surprises, but seriously?
The showers or the babies? ;)
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Can someone please make some "sole mate" puns for me? Pretty please?
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

I firmly believe in sole mates. I only wear matching shoes.
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

I thought we could be sole mates, but we got off on the wrong foot.
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

mic0 wrote:Can someone please make some "sole mate" puns for me? Pretty please?
I was waiting for those in the original answer, but they didn't come.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Digit

Post by Digit »

Guess they weren't feeling pedantic :)
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

:D
Portia

Post by Portia »

How to propose was adorable!

Here's my own attempt.

Portia: Something elaborate, like a piano appearing in my driveway, then taking me to a nice bar and the ring being around the stem of a glass, then whipping out the airline tickets.

Imogen: He'd better be older and have his life together. I think the real key to her heart would be through her students. After he donated a bunch of costumes and props to her school, she'd realize he's the one. Then he'd take her to his house (that he owned) and ask over a funny movie.

Violet: I think she'd really have to know the guy and be comfortable with him. I think she has a romantic and a pragmatic side, so something classic like the Empire State Building (or insert something else urban). I think she'd marry someone close to her in age, and that they'll live in a studio apartment doing creative stuff (he might be a photographer, for instance).

Uffish: I bet he'd have a beard. I think she'd want something straightforward, and maybe that made her laugh. Anything else?

bob: This one is hard because she has been dating someone exclusively for much longer than anyone here. Maybe she'll pop the question.

Katya: I feel like the only guy worthy of her would be one of those guys that's really, really smart but so humble about it you don't know it from casual conversation. It would have to be thoughtful, from the material of the ring to the proposal. A library scavenger hunt, maybe?

TBS: This one I imagine being the most down-to-earth. You have to get married now, in solidarity! ;-)
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Portia wrote:...the airline tickets.
Tickets to where?