Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Random »

I working on a play again! This time I assistant designed the makeup and I'm the makeup supervisor.
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Elder Holland's talk from General Conference was incredible. There's been a lot of talks and lessons now about the talk and trying to clear up those misconceptions of depression. I'm really glad they're being addressed.
Violet

Post by Violet »

Batsignal for Marduk and Bob. I'm pretty sure I sat next to you at lunch today. But, I was hesitant to say anything because I only met you that one time a year ago, and I didn't even really talk to you then.
Portia

Post by Portia »

I read that as faux French, and was confused. Les batsignaux...
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Violet wrote:Batsignal for Marduk and Bob. I'm pretty sure I sat next to you at lunch today. But, I was hesitant to say anything because I only met you that one time a year ago, and I didn't even really talk to you then.
Oh? I may be misremembering you, then. I would've thought I would recognize you. Random was also with us, but sat across the table.

If it was you, then I'll just say that it was an amazing talk she gave, wasn't it? Gives me hope.
Deus ab veritas
Portia

Post by Portia »

I can't believe skinny jeans are still a thing seven years later. Ugh. I guess since my cohort are now in our late twenties, boot-cut, blue, low-rise jeans are "Mom jeans," and hip kids wear high-waisted skintight de facto leggings in horrifying colors.

I have to shop at the Gap and Nordstrom now, for my own sanity. I feel old.
Violet

Post by Violet »

Marduk wrote:
Violet wrote:Batsignal for Marduk and Bob. I'm pretty sure I sat next to you at lunch today. But, I was hesitant to say anything because I only met you that one time a year ago, and I didn't even really talk to you then.
Oh? I may be misremembering you, then. I would've thought I would recognize you. Random was also with us, but sat across the table.

If it was you, then I'll just say that it was an amazing talk she gave, wasn't it? Gives me hope.
Yeah, I drove the other car. Sat on Bob's left. That probably helps narrow down the group a bit.

And yes, it really was a wonderful talk. It was uplifting in a way I've missed feeling. Also, she's just a wonderful all around person.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

OH OH OH!! I thought I recognized you from somewhere! Ha ha Marduk, I win.

I'll in-the-mouths-of-three-witnesses how wonderful that talk was. That's the first time I haven't tried to have a panic attack in sacrament meeting in a long time. I just can't be anxious with something that beautiful going on!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Portia

Post by Portia »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:OH OH OH!! I thought I recognized you from somewhere! Ha ha Marduk, I win.

I'll in-the-mouths-of-three-witnesses how wonderful that talk was. That's the first time I haven't tried to have a panic attack in sacrament meeting in a long time. I just can't be anxious with something that beautiful going on!
All right, I'll bite. What's the deal with this talk? Was this at a regular Sunday meeting? What was it about?
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Yeah, I'm confused, too. Because you apparently had lunch and went to sacrament meeting at the same time?
Violet

Post by Violet »

Lunch was after sacrament meeting. One of my friends (which, on a separate note, I'd like to know how you guys know her) gave a wonderful, but scary to give talk and we went for support. Then we had lunch.
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

Real Talk: We need to sublet our studio apartment for the summer. It's in a really awesome part of SF, 3 blocks from Dolores Park, 2 blocks from Muni, 3 blocks from BART, some of the best taquerías period just a couple blocks in any direction. And we can give a pretty good deal. So if you know anyone who may be interning at Twitter, one of the finance places, or whatever: send them my way.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

We met her at feminist FHE.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I think I need to stick to knitting hats. D: Other things are too hard and don't look as nice as I think they will.
Violet

Post by Violet »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:We met her at feminist FHE.
That makes sense. Clearly, I don't attend very often (I did once, but then life got busy, I moved, etc.). Although, I do have a few for this semester on my calendar.

mic0, I feel you there. I'm trying to make an infinity scarf right now. It's not going very well.
Amity

Post by Amity »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:We met her at feminist FHE.
Oh man, I wish we had feminist FHE in my area. And apparently awesome sacrament meeting talks with lunch afterwards.
wryness

Post by wryness »

Portia wrote:I can't believe skinny jeans are still a thing seven years later. Ugh. I guess since my cohort are now in our late twenties, boot-cut, blue, low-rise jeans are "Mom jeans," and hip kids wear high-waisted skintight de facto leggings in horrifying colors.
I could not let this post go without validating it. Validated, validated, VALIDATED. Skinny jeans make normal-to-largish people look fat and squeezed into their clothes. Skinny jeans make skinny people just look weird--I had no idea the ideal body shape was apparently "long and stringy, like a squirt of toothpaste."

When I was in Argentina, the word I heard people use to describe skinny jeans (which I can't remember exactly) involved the verb chupar, which means "to suck." I'd say that's an accurate word to describe how most people look in skinny jeans; like they have been sucked in and had the clothes vacumn-sealed over them.

I honestly don't sit and stare at people wearing skinny jeans or anything, but skinny jeans are apparently one of my pet peeves. This was cathartic. :mrgreen:
Portia

Post by Portia »

This chapter on pregnancy denial was fascinating. I had previously thought that Peggy's denial in Mad Men season one was not realistic, now Don saying "it will be like this never happened" makes a lot more sense. She fit a lot of the risk factors (cultural stigma, on birth control, youth, a lot to lose). I think my mother had a case of this, though not to the degree Peggy did. The brain is an interesting thing.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

oh, weird. Hysteric pregnancy is really weird too. Speaking of infanticide, sometimes Inuit women would leave a baby they couldn't care for to die. It kind of makes sense but it's also brutal and sad.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Sometimes being responsible with money is *really* hard. rackafrackamurmurmurmur