#76849 - 30yo with 3 callings

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

#76849 - 30yo with 3 callings

Post by Katya »

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/76849/

I ended up in almost this exact situation a few years ago. (The only reason I didn't get the 3rd calling was because I burst into tears when the bishop extended it, which made him quickly un-extend it.) In retrospect, I should also have gone AWOL from the 1st calling because I only accepted the 2nd calling on the condition that I be released from the 1st one, which the Relief Society President never did (until I moved). Anyway, I agree that people in family wards often have distorted ideas of the amount of free time and energy that single people have, and she should definitely go talk to the bishop and get herself released from a calling or two.
Whistler

Re: #76849 - 30yo with 3 callings

Post by Whistler »

yes, definitely. I had 3 callings once and I don't think the bishopric knew how much I need to practice organ to play once a month (it's... at least 10 days of practice for easy hymns, and a good 15-20 days' practice for harder ones, even if it's just 20 minutes a day). I basically kept bugging people to release me from the one I liked the least (VT coordinator) and they did it. I don't even feel guilty about it; I don't think anyone but me "realized" I felt overwhelmed and underappreciated.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Re: #76849 - 30yo with 3 callings

Post by NerdGirl »

I first thought this said "3yo with 30 callings" and I was like, well that ward is going to fall apart.