16%
Other
11%

Total votes: 19

yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Apple Users

Post by yellow m&m »

I've used a Mac for over seven months now, and I love it. I read blogs on cnet.com, and there's always someone who comments about the apple religion. One comment I read today read "Apple has become a religion for these people and their zealot-fanatical fanbase will bring apple-jihad to all non-believers". I'd like your opinions.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Mine's really mostly out of loyalty, or at least, I suppose that's what you could call it. I know very little about computers, but my grandfather worked with computers for over fifty years and has never bought anything aside from a Mac. As a result, my dad has only bought Macs (though we do have at least three Windows computers, they were given to us), and the first computer I ever bought was a MacBook.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

I'm not a Mac person; I prefer Windows or Ubuntu. However, I can appreciate that Macs are good machines with good software and hardware. However, I don't think Macs are for everyone, which is where many Mac users and I can differ. Some Mac users cannot fathom why anyone would want to use anything else. To that extent, I think Mac users are a bit nutty sometimes. But I'm a little that way to with open source software, so I don't mind. I like Ubuntu (or other Linux derivatives) for the price, and I like Windows for video games. Mac can't offer me either, but it's still a great OS with great machines.
- Benvolio
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

I've had all of three computers, a Mac, a Windows and now another Mac. My first Mac got really old and outdated so I didn't want it anymore. The windows one day refused to work. So now I have an iMac. It's my friend.
Most of the time I use Macs, seeing as I'm Bob's sister so her dad is my dad so we have mostly Macs, but in one of my periods we use windows computers and I don't know how to do anything. It really stinks.
Anyway... that was probably nothing that even means anything. Whee.
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce