who's geeky and how?

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Portia

who's geeky and how?

Post by Portia »

I'm much more into politics, journalism, and 19th-century literature. (Which I would argue are more traditionally seen as "nerdy" than "geeky.")

My affianced is much more into science fiction, fantasy fiction, tee shirts with obscure references to aforementioned fiction, and things like actually building a computer rather, than say, knowing what the hell Instagram is.
Whistler

Re: who's geeky and how?

Post by Whistler »

I like videogames and stuff.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Harry Potter, vinyl, Star Trek, BSG. Learning to love Dr. Who.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I regularly consume media of the following non-exclusive categories: science fiction, fantasy, young adult, book, movie, tv, cartoon, anime/manga, webcomic, writing podcast, musical, music, computer game, and fan fiction.

Outside of the actual consumption of said media, I squee a bit about things, enjoy seeing pictures relating to one or more fandom on the internet, and (in extreme cases) write/draw things.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

My boyfriend and I pretty much share our geeky, except he knows way more about Pokemon and videogames and I know more about classical music.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

I also am a HUGE theatre geek. And not just musicals. I read theatre theory for fun.
beautiful, dirty, rich
mic0

Post by mic0 »

According to Whistler's blog she and her husband play Netrunner together, which I think qualifies them as nerdy. (I know this is a qualification because my husband and I play Netrunner together, too. :D)
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Also, is anyone actually surprised at this? We are/were all into the Board at one point. That is pretty geeky and nerdy. Also also, is this referring to an actual board question at all?
Portia

Post by Portia »

Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Bob loves anime and I do not. Although she likes the Simpsons, I geek out about it more than she does. She also seems to only moderately like table-top RPGs, whereas I love them. We also have almost completely different tastes in video games.
Deus ab veritas