attractive personality traits

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Portia

attractive personality traits

Post by Portia »

I love open-ended questions like this one. It's fun to see how people's ideal matches line up with my perception of their personality.

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/81027/

I am very drawn to passion and ambition. A guy who wants to take risks, make a discovery, light up the world, read up on an arcane subject? Hawt. Whether they're on the quiet or more outgoing side, I like a guy to be intense, and maybe a bit dissatisfied, wanting to push himself to achieve more.

On the flipside, if a guy is lazy, or indecisive, or uncurious (the worst first dates: they roll their eyes at my oddly specific interests, and/or seem to have none of their own), it won't go past the first date.

ETA: as for how I found men like this and becoming their friend, one of my talents is an extremely acute sense of other people's personality. Usually it's easy to strike up a conversation about Their Thing. STEM fields and certain social sciences have a lot of them, and it might be worth doing online dating, since our society pegs such dudes as "nerds," I guess.

However, intense relationships between two intense individuals can ignite fast and flame out, so my advice on that side is to rein in the natural tendency to have a headlong rush, before both of you are in some kind of Anna/Hans situation. I never found beat-around-the-bush tactics to be effective with this kind of guy, so fortunately, I never really had to "flirt."