Six degrees of separation

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Six degrees of separation

Post by Emiliana »

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/81383/

I know George W. Bush's personal photographer.

Well, I sort of know him...He's good friends with my best friend from high school and I've met him half a dozen times. And by "met him half a dozen times," I mean he has literally come up and introduced himself to me that many times because he always forgets that we've already met. (Makes a girl feel really great, lemme tell ya.)

I've also met Rick Perry and my husband has met President Obama, but I don't think that really counts.
the anglophile

Re: Six degrees of separation

Post by the anglophile »

I've met all the members of Jukebox the Ghost. My uncle is good friends with the people who created Napoleon Dynamite. Someone in my stake went to middle school with Jennifer Lawrence. Elder Bednar's son is in my ward and he frequently comes and speaks to the youth; I've met him several times. That's about it for my 6 degrees :)
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

the anglophile wrote:I've met all the members of Jukebox the Ghost.
I just discovered them within the last month and I really like their music.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

I've worked with Annie Baker, who is now a Pulitzer Prize winning playwright.

My college mentor is the original director of Rent (before they hired Michael Greif). He cast all the people who became famous from Rent and was very close to Jonathan Larson.

I took a master class with Phylicia Rashad.

I was in "The Vagina Monologues" with Tom Hanks' daughter Liz. She was super cool.

I lived down the hall from Meryl Streep's daughter in college (Grace). She was in a theatre troupe on campus, and they all went to Meryl's country estate and ended up showering together. I loved my friends, but they were total weirdos.

I've now met Mick Fleetwood (WHICH WAS AWESOME)

When I worked for New York Stage and Film I met Josh Radnor (so hot) and Eric Bogosian (his play was terrible). Kevin Spacey dropped in for a show, and Idina Menzel was in one (the show was awful. She was AMAZING).

Met Audra McDonald. Life complete.

That's all I can remember right now.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Portia

Post by Portia »

Josh Radnor?? Mmmmm
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

My brother's mother-in-law is a professional clown who has performed at the white house twice.

White House: Hello, is [MiL] there?
Mother-in-Law: Yes, this is her
WH: This is the White House
MiL: Yes, my house is green
WH: No, this is THE white house
MiL: Yes, and my house is green

She thought someone was pranking her and reacted accordingly.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*