Tally M.

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Tally M. »

Katya wrote:REST IN PEACE, TERRY.
No!
Digit

Post by Digit »

I think it's funny when something low priced at a major retailer very easy to find is going for an absurdly high price from some individual on eBay. I found a $4.80 Weller ST4 soldering iron tip at Mouser while some guy on eBay is trying to get $25 for one. I know there are way more egregious examples.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

My dad wrote this on Facebook, I thought you all would find it funny. :) He is an active Mormon, btw, with a hobby in comedy.

"My whole life I was taught that the second coming of Christ was the big event to look forward to. But, now I know that the Whole Foods opening in [Hometown], Texas is the BIG BIG EVENT of our LIFETIME. People have been so excited for so long in anticipation of being able to spend more money on food....awesome. I will be there as well."
Portia

Post by Portia »

mic0 wrote:My dad wrote this on Facebook, I thought you all would find it funny. :) He is an active Mormon, btw, with a hobby in comedy.

"My whole life I was taught that the second coming of Christ was the big event to look forward to. But, now I know that the Whole Foods opening in [Hometown], Texas is the BIG BIG EVENT of our LIFETIME. People have been so excited for so long in anticipation of being able to spend more money on food....awesome. I will be there as well."
If I were the Savior, I'd stop in for some arugula and Red Hot Organic Blue Chips (and at least in Draper, SO MUCH ice cream), too! ;-)
coastal goddess liberal
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Ohhh boy, that does sound good!
the anglophile

Post by the anglophile »

For those of you who are/were writers, how long did it take you to hear back after applying? Just got my app turned in to write and I know it could be anywhere from now to four months to never...
Portia

Post by Portia »

The Swedish equivalent of werf, "hen," was introduced into official Swedish dictionaries.
Digit

Post by Digit »

I know in Hebrew the word for he, the pronoun referring to a male person, sounds just like "who," and the word for she, the pronoun referring to a female person, sounds just like "he."
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Somebody left a rude note on our car telling us not to park so close (in less kind words) and also not to "repopulate." I was pretty cheesed off, but then I realized that "repopulate" is a transitive verb. Then I felt smug.
Portia

Post by Portia »

So I decided I'd probably survive having one kid, since we have decent careers and several years to decide and it's important to my betrothèd and stuff. This is a huge step to me because I'd pretty much decided against it but if I get myself on some kind of therapy and exercise regimen I think I'll improve. I'm not too afraid of pregnancy irritability: I have at least four crying jags a week, so, you know. The body stuff freaks me right the hell out but I guess that's what modern medicine is for, attempting to not die in the process. I liked TBS's thing about anxiety = dwelling on the future.

But I also decided I can't handle more than one, which is nice to have a culture (secular humanism? Proto-Coastal Liberal Goddess?) where that's okay.
The Happy Medium

Post by The Happy Medium »

Portia wrote:So I decided I'd probably survive having one kid, since we have decent careers and several years to decide and it's important to my betrothèd and stuff. This is a huge step to me because I'd pretty much decided against it but if I get myself on some kind of therapy and exercise regimen I think I'll improve. I'm not too afraid of pregnancy irritability: I have at least four crying jags a week, so, you know. The body stuff freaks me right the hell out but I guess that's what modern medicine is for, attempting to not die in the process. I liked TBS's thing about anxiety = dwelling on the future.
Oh man, me too. The older I get, the less children I want. Which is good because I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up as a crazy cat lady anyways.
Digit

Post by Digit »

I have to believe this was intentional:
Rickrolled by a Philippine travel guide! :)
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

cool!
The Happy Medium

Post by The Happy Medium »

I feel super smart when I figure certain things out such as: identifying where a voice actor was from based on the way she said "drag" (Minnesota, in case you're wondering) and correctly guessing that the same composer did the music for the Mask of Zorro and Troy just from one musical sequence.

Got to celebrate the little victories in life, right?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

My "new" (refurbished) phone does not have any microsd/sim card slots. I guess I shall be forced to travel lightly in at least one area of my life. We'll see if it spreads out into the rest.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Portia

Post by Portia »

After having to document a bunch of MARC data table stuff, I just have to say ...

Katya is even more of a badass than you thought was possible.

Or, for Board-facing doc, a Catalog Renegade? Database Sparkplug?

Nah, I still prefer badass.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

There was a girl who had a crush on my grandpa when they were both growing up. Her descendants posted some of her old journals online (because maybe she died? or just has alzheimers now? but it is out of love and remembrance). Anyway, there are entires about my grandpa and they are funny and she calls him a "gink" which is a funny old-timey word meaning a foolish/contemptible person. A few entries:

"May 7, 1943 That tall “gink” [my grandpa] is in the same play tonight I am (?). He is a cute kid but nothing to compare with Owen or Maughn.

May 9, 1943 He danced with me at the M.I.A. dance tonight (the tall gink) & I found out his name [my grandpa]. He can’t dance very good though.

May 20, 1943 I love Owen Yeates! It’s been on for a long time! (Ed. note: I am not sure if this is actually her entry, or a hack by a sibling.)

May 21, 1943 Well today [my grandpa] is a Senior & Owen & Maughn are Sophmores. I guess I’ll have to pretend to like [my grandpa] so he’ll be good to them next year."

Hahaha! :D She seems very conflicted about him, it's cute. She was 14 and he was 17. Although this does make me think I *really* hope my descendants don't post my teenage journals online.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

It's 4:50 am and I'm still awake because I started watching Agent Carter online.

Also I have a yeast infection 1.5 weeks before my wedding. FML.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Zedability wrote:It's 4:50 am and I'm still awake because I started watching Agent Carter online.

Also I have a yeast infection 1.5 weeks before my wedding. FML.

Take a warm bath with salt and apple cider vinegar (obviously rise off afterwards) daily until it goes away. You don't need a lot of water, just up to your hips or so when seated. It SERIOUSLY works.

There's also another, more private, and semi-painful method you can try that also works well when coupled with the bath, but you can PM me if you want to know about it. But the bath alone should clear it up in a few days.
beautiful, dirty, rich