Introduce Yourselves!

Introduce yourself and meet other readers!
Shrinky Dink

Re: Introduce Yourselves!

Post by Shrinky Dink »

Hi, I'm Shrinky Dink. I've been reading the board for over two years now and I found it through some random Google search and have been reading it almost daily ever since. I joined The Board Board because I spend wayyy too much time on the internet, and I usually run out of stuff to read long before I'm done reading random stuff. I think this could supplement nicely, plus, I like being able to comment and add on to questions when I really have a good perspective on an answer :)
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
Portia

Post by Portia »

the anglophile wrote:Hi! I'm the anglophile and you may have seen me ask questions... or maybe not... I feel kind of silly posting this here because I still have no idea how this website works and I'm not even sure if people will see it... Anyways I'm probably the youngest person around here (or maybe not, I don't know). I'm 16 and a junior in high school. I stumbled across the Board last year and I have been kind of obsessed with it ever since. I've always loved BYU and its culture and this is just awesome for learning about BYU. (Oh, and I'm a girl, just in case anyone was wondering. It's a little hard to tell with these 'nyms.) :)
I'm proud of you for using possessive "its" correctly. Welcome -- we're glad to have you!
Violet

Post by Violet »

Welcome, Shrinky Dink.
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

Welcome to the BoardBoard! :)
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Hi guys! Anglophile, I recognized you vaguely from your nym, so then I went to the Board and stalked you by searching for "Anglophile." I noticed you asked a lot of questions about medical/biological stuff. Is that a career path that interests you?

Shrinky Dink, do you have any BYU/Mormon affiliations, or are you another of us who just like to troll around here?
the anglophile

Post by the anglophile »

Portia wrote:
the anglophile wrote:Hi! I'm the anglophile and you may have seen me ask questions... or maybe not... I feel kind of silly posting this here because I still have no idea how this website works and I'm not even sure if people will see it... Anyways I'm probably the youngest person around here (or maybe not, I don't know). I'm 16 and a junior in high school. I stumbled across the Board last year and I have been kind of obsessed with it ever since. I've always loved BYU and its culture and this is just awesome for learning about BYU. (Oh, and I'm a girl, just in case anyone was wondering. It's a little hard to tell with these 'nyms.) :)
I'm proud of you for using possessive "its" correctly. Welcome -- we're glad to have you!

*Curtsies* Thank you! :)
the anglophile

Post by the anglophile »

Emiliana wrote:Hi guys! Anglophile, I recognized you vaguely from your nym, so then I went to the Board and stalked you by searching for "Anglophile." I noticed you asked a lot of questions about medical/biological stuff. Is that a career path that interests you?

Yes actually! I'm really interested in the mind and how the brain works so I want to do neuroscience and pediatric neurology! Pretty long career path though, so we'll see how that turns out! :)
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

Emiliana wrote:Hi guys! Anglophile, I recognized you vaguely from your nym, so then I went to the Board and stalked you by searching for "Anglophile." I noticed you asked a lot of questions about medical/biological stuff. Is that a career path that interests you?

Shrinky Dink, do you have any BYU/Mormon affiliations, or are you another of us who just like to troll around here?
Yep, I'm LDS and even attend BYU-Idaho, which is actually why I asked BQ#74887. So definitely feel free to ask me any BYU-I questions :)
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Oh hey, now that I've stalked you, this makes sense! Not sure why I hadn't noticed your 'nym before.
Rainbow_connection

Post by Rainbow_connection »

Hi! I'm Rainbow connection. I attended BYU from 2007-2011, found the 100 hour board as a freshman, and have been reading and occasionally asking questions ever since. I was born and raised in Utah, was just laid off and am between jobs, and am married with a two month old daughter and a pet hedgehog.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

hi, welcome! My daughter is just a little older than yours (almost 5 months), so we'll be able to comiserate :-).
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Hello! Welcome to the Board Board.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Yes, welcome to the boardboard.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Welcome! Why did you decide to get a hedgehog?
Rainbow_connection

Post by Rainbow_connection »

I've always loved hedgehogs since a classmate brought one for show and tell in second grade. They're pretty adorable, so once I became a real adult I decided to fulfill a lifelong goal. They are not for everyone (kind of prickly) but I think they make great pets.
Goldberry

Post by Goldberry »

[quote][/quote]
Last edited by Goldberry on Tue May 10, 2016 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Goldberry wrote:Hey! I'm Goldberry. I've been lurking here for quite awhile, and I finally made an account because...I'm bored. Anyway, I graduated from BYU recently, and I'm married and have a kid. I like cooking Asian food and listening to the kind of 80's music that makes my dad and husband groan.
Welcome! The boardboard is good for boredom (boardome?). How old is your kid?
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

80s music! What bands?
Goldberry

Post by Goldberry »

[]
Last edited by Goldberry on Tue May 10, 2016 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I also enjoy Mr. Elfman.
Deus ab veritas