Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Marduk wrote:I've been teaching since August, and they don't have any sort of grooming requirements, so I've been letting my beard grow out. Well, I couldn't get any sections for summer, so I'm going back to pizza delivery, which means I had to shave. Smooth cheeks are really strange.
NO KIDDING THEY'RE REALLY STRANGE this should be in the rants of the day thread
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

Ah, I wondered what that was about. Well may your summer months be less face-sweat-y. Or is that a thing? The things I don't know.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

TheBlackSheep wrote:Ah, I wondered what that was about. Well may your summer months be less face-sweat-y. Or is that a thing? The things I don't know.
Sure, it'll be a bit cooler, but that certainly wasn't why I did it.
Deus ab veritas
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

Oh no, I gotcha. Just looking for the silver lining in your smooth cheeked woes.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Who's excited for Board Reunion? (Hint: not the editors. At least when there will be 4 million answers to approve. LOL)
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

On the one hand, I'm really excited.

On the other hand, I'm working almost 60 hours in the next seven days, so... that'll be fun.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

I am a huge nerd who stayed up until midnight to start writing answers even though that means I'll be working 14 hours tomorrow on about five hours of sleep.

I should probably rethink my priorities.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Guys, there's a dude in my grad program that reminds me so much of a half-Jewish version of all you comic book nerds (Humble Master, M.O.D.A.Q). Although I don't share this obsession, it makes me oddly happy.

Also he's going on Birthright and I'm kind of jealous. :)
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

Hey, I'm back on here again, so that's cool. Apparently I haven't gotten on since last September. XD
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

yayfulness wrote:I am a huge nerd who stayed up until midnight to start writing answers even though that means I'll be working 14 hours tomorrow on about five hours of sleep.

I am a huge nerd who stayed up until midnight to finish writing answers even though that means I'll be working nine hours tomorrow on about five hours of sleep.

Portia

Post by Portia »

yayfulness wrote:
yayfulness wrote:I am a huge nerd who stayed up until midnight to start writing answers even though that means I'll be working 14 hours tomorrow on about five hours of sleep.

I am a huge nerd who stayed up until midnight to finish writing answers even though that means I'll be working nine hours tomorrow on about five hours of sleep.

NEVAH

Seriously though I'm glad I was kicked out. That was intense. I should make sure to be on the Adriatic this time next year and rethink MY priorities.

I'm weirdly bothered that I didn't have sublime text on this machine to clean up my <span> tags. Are you still a proofreader? Because then you don't even have that check and balance.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Check and balance to your sanity, I mean.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

yayfulness wrote:

I stayed up a little too late one evening too! It's fun to write answers.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

...one. Yes. Let's use that number for me too because I don't want to say the real one.

But seriously, reunion week was great and I loved seeing everyone back on the Board again.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

DO NOT MOVE WHILE PREGNANT.

I didn't even do any of the heavy lifting and my back has never hurt this badly. Basically all I did was deep-clean the apartment and direct the people who showed up to help.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

I take the LSAT in the morning and I'm very nervous and I just hope I sleep tonight and that's all I have to say
Digit

Post by Digit »

That test has a number of questions not unlike Einstein's Zebra puzzle, or, the Penny Press Logic puzzles at the grocery store, right? Better you than me, friend. I stink at those :)
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

Thanks for posting that link, I had a lot of fun figuring it out. (Probably because I'm not being timed or under any pressure.)
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

one of my student employees took the LSAT today too! I hope your brain was able to perform under pressure.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Dear Squirrel:
My boyfriend bought a tiny bison plush I named Jackson (after the town) who is much more cuddly than the bison we saw in Yellowstone. :D I thought it was a funny convergence of two of your recent answers.