Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Digit »

For a laugh, traceroute bad.horse

Or, tracert bad.horse from cmd for Windows players
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Hello team they're finally letting me leave Lima Ohio this weekend after three weeks.

Although to be fair I've had some fantastic food at the two company parties I went to for this company in the last two days. (Yesterday was bacon wrapped sirloin, salmon and some kind of fancy rice, delicious ceasar salad, and awesome cheesecake. Today was a large piece of prime rib, a decent sized chicken breast with some whitish sauce and some capers or something, some very well prepared salmon, mashed taters, the best mac and cheese I've ever had (don't tell my mom), some veggies, and then cheesecake with a side of raspberry gelato. Yum.)
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

I'm trying on the gay label right now for the first time in... six years? Seven? I tried it on when I was first considering queer labels when I realized I wasn't straight. I settled on queer (bisexual if pushed) and then bisexual, and now I think possibly I was gay all along but heteronormativity-ed. It's an interesting cluster. Maybe some day I'll come out as gay, or maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I'm right but I just won't make a thing out of it. Cheers.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Ha. I was sure something like that would happen. A theater played a preview for Sausage Party before a screening of Finding Dory.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

My hands go uncomfortably numb every time I lie down and it makes sleeping VERY DIFFICULT
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Zedability wrote:My hands go uncomfortably numb every time I lie down and it makes sleeping VERY DIFFICULT
You could always chop them off. After all, you can't feel them.

(But that really sucks, and I really hope it gets better.)
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Zedability wrote:My hands go uncomfortably numb every time I lie down and it makes sleeping VERY DIFFICULT
You might have carpal tunnel syndrome, and if so, sleeping with carpal tunnel braces on your hands can help. But I would see an in-person doctor if it's bothering you enough to spend money on something just so they can actually examine you first.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Yeah well it's my third trimester so it's probably carpal tunnel/fluid retention in general. I also find that my hands feel really arthritis-y in the mornings, like the joints hurt and it's hard to bend them. But I'm already doing basically everything I can to increase my fluid intake and limit salt, so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Oooh, I didn't know you were having a baby!!! Congratulations! :D
Integrating Editor

Post by Integrating Editor »

BYU certainly gets some interesting graffiti.
May 7 – At 10:30 p.m. other graffiti incidents were reported in the Harris Fine Arts Center bathroom stalls encouraging bathroom users to “follow the white rabbit” and asking theoretical questions about the facsimiles in Abraham. BYU Custodial was contacted to remove the graffiti. An earlier account around 8 a.m. was reported in the law school restrooms.

May 12 – Around 10 a.m. graffiti was reported on a table in the JFSB directing students to a website that questions Mormon doctrine. Custodial responded and cleaned up the graffiti.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

I was clicking through the "I'm Board!" button, and oh my goodness I was so annoying as a new writer. I'm sorry, you guys. Haha.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Aaron Burr, sir, is coming to BYU and you better believe I'm in.

Talk less, go to more BYUArts concerts. ^_^
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Today in random medication side effects: My hair hurts.

(Not really, but my scalp is so tender that it hurt to comb my hair this morning. Numbness/tenderness is a known side effect of the new medication I'm on and it'll go away in a few hours, but it's still frustrating.)
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

:-(
Digit

Post by Digit »

I'm in the market for some adhesive intended to be safe for use with book pages. Big pluses would be if it were in an easy non-Costco-sized applicator bottle not unlike an Elmer's glue bottle, and on Amazon, since I have some "store credit" there from doing Mechanical Turk tasks. A whole segment is breaking free from this perfect bound book I'm reading.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (65.23 KiB) Viewed 35706 times
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I think in my bookbinding class we just used elmer's glue mixed with some water and applied with a paintbrush.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Spent multiple hundreds on an immediately needed replacement of bad radiator, thermostat, and hoses. It's bittersweet being out the money while feeling safe against the threat of overheating halfway through my long daily commute.
Violet

Post by Violet »

PVA (Poly-Vinyl Acetate) is what I used in bookbinding. A quick google brought up this link https://www.amazon.com/Tran-PVA-Adhesiv ... B0027A7GT4. There was also Yes! Paste as an option, but I never used it.
Digit

Post by Digit »

I ended up laying a 1/16" bead of Elmer's straight from the orange nozzle and laying a pile of books on the book for 24 hours. Now the segment is stuck as tightly to the spine as all the other segments. I was initially worried I didn't put enough glue, but I should have known that with glue, less is usually more. Thanks for the information on real bookbinding!
Portia

Post by Portia »

[spoilers in the article]

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/sport ... sults.html

this country never stopped being great

swimming and gymnastics this year have BLOWN MY MIND