Random 3.0

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Craig is gone...
awwwww! do you miss your bro bro? (i mean that sincerely, just so people know)
beautiful, dirty, rich
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

I'm very fond of new chat friends. If anyone wants to add me, I'm chillylint on them all.

And we'll miss Craig. Is he going to have you give up his super-secret identity in exchange for letters? (As I'm swept with pangs of guilt for not writing Briar Rose back yet this week. Oops.)
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Yes. I mean, I don't miss him as much as I did this morning when he woke me up, hugged me (I hugged him back, of course), and then left and said bye, but I'll still miss him. And if you want to write him a letter, then I'm sure he won't mind if I sacrifice his anonymity, so shoot me a message and I'll give you his info.
Giovanni Schwartz

So apparently, Giovanni Schwartz was a real guy who made violins in Italy. I googled my 'nym to see what I could come up with, and that's what I got.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:So apparently, Giovanni Schwartz was a real guy who made violins in Italy. I googled my 'nym to see what I could come up with, and that's what I got.
So why did you choose Schwartz? Was it because of the parody to star wars where some dude said his schwartz was bigger than the other guy's?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

chillygator wrote:I'm very fond of new chat friends. If anyone wants to add me, I'm chillylint on them all.

And we'll miss Craig. Is he going to have you give up his super-secret identity in exchange for letters? (As I'm swept with pangs of guilt for not writing Briar Rose back yet this week. Oops.)
He already gave me his real identity so I could write him letters. : D
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

chillygator wrote:I'm very fond of new chat friends. If anyone wants to add me, I'm chillylint on them all.
Does that include chat friends you've never met/heard of?
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Random announcement: I thought no one read my blog. And then I managed to fix my sitemeter a week ago, and it turns out that a few souls actually do! Hooray!

And then today, for the first time, I noticed that I had COMMENTS! From over a month ago, in some cases! I guess I hadn't checked since I started the thing and no one commented, so I forgot to look.

And then I noticed that one of the comments was from Katya! I mean, I never guarded my 'nym with my life or anything, but my blog has my real name and pics of my little family all over it, so . . . I guess writers really are omniscient after all. LOL.
Portia

Post by Portia »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:
Portia wrote:To my annoyance, the Tabernacle was being renovated, so we sang in the nice marshmallow that is UVSC's basketball stadium.
What year?
Oh, '05? Yes. Yes it was. Because me and my junior girl friends may or may not have chased after these senior boys we liked in, get this, Best Buy.

Ohhhh high school.

(And Sam, in Spring '01, I was definitely in eighth grade. hahaha :) )
Last edited by Portia on Wed May 21, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Wisteria wrote:Wait- is that really my quote on the title bar? That was a really weird sensation. I read it and thought, "I think I said something like that." It took me a minute to realize that it *was* me, probably because my real first initial is not a "W."
Yeah, sorry about having to cut off proper attribution. It's a long quote, even after editing for length. But I love it, all the same.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Replies without the quote in question. It could be a French surrealist play!

Either way they freak out when they come home.
Me neither.
Tacky, tacky, tacky.
I wish I had something relevant to say regarding this.
I get to send him letters. : D.
Chemistry is the illegitimate love child of English and me.
Except when I'm at work or sleeping, basically, since I have no life.
Random announcement: I thought no one read my blog.
SWKT Parachuter

Post by SWKT Parachuter »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:So apparently, Giovanni Schwartz was a real guy who made violins in Italy. I googled my 'nym to see what I could come up with, and that's what I got.
So why did you choose Schwartz? Was it because of the parody to star wars where some dude said his schwartz was bigger than the other guy's?
I bet I can tell you EXACTLY what is going through Giovanni's mind right now: "Should I jokingly confess in an effort to humor him? Should I ignore it and try to send a silent message about how bizarre it was that he asked that? Or should I just wait for SWKT to get on and say something about it and spare me the pain of mocking him? Ooh, that last one sounds good."
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Portia wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:
Portia wrote:To my annoyance, the Tabernacle was being renovated, so we sang in the nice marshmallow that is UVSC's basketball stadium.
What year?
Oh, '05? Yes. Yes it was.
I think that was the year I did it. However, I could be wrong. It might be 2006. I'm not really sure.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

SWKT Parachuter wrote:
Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
I bet I can tell you EXACTLY what is going through Giovanni's mind right now: "Should I jokingly confess in an effort to humor him? Should I ignore it and try to send a silent message about how bizarre it was that he asked that? Or should I just wait for SWKT to get on and say something about it and spare me the pain of mocking him? Ooh, that last one sounds good."
Strangely enough, SWKT, I do believe I miss you when you aren't around.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Oh, there's all-state, and UMEA. Mine was UMEA, I think?

If one only allows public schools, it wasn't that one. We rehearsed in Taylorsville. We sang come thou fount arranged by Mr. Wilberg for the closing number. If either of those jog your memory.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Portia wrote:Oh, there's all-state, and UMEA. Mine was UMEA, I think?

If one only allows public schools, it wasn't that one. We rehearsed in Taylorsville. We sang come thou fount arranged by Mr. Wilberg for the closing number. If either of those jog your memory.
Ah, that would be it. I was in all-state (the only time I was allowed to sing first soprano all year, as I was a second soprano in both of my choir classes and never got a solo. Let's just forget the fact that I have one of the highest voices in the school, shall we, Coach?). We also had to sing in UVSC. MEH.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Portia wrote:
SWKT Parachuter wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:HEY EVERYONE! I BROKE SOMEONE'S HEART! HE WAS TOTALLY CRYING IN THE CHAPEL TODAY!

Okay, I feel better now.
Tell me it was Craig Jessop... oh, please, let it be Craig Jessop!

Actually, I'm interested to hear this story -- tears are the nectar of life to a poor, cynical old soul.
This is one time I'm going to have to agree, if for no other reason that damning someone to hell is a rather . . . interesting way to start off a relationship.
Well, you see, Craig and I are just like that. Y'know.
Giovanni Schwartz

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
My choice of 'nym was purely arbitrary, and I just wanted to ask a question, and I couldn't think of a better 'nym. So I just picked a bunch of random names. I think my full name is "Giovanni Harrison Rutherford Maximillian Ebenezer Geoffrey Mortimer Lawrence Algernon Schwartz," but it wouldn't all fit in my name on the screen where you pick it for this board, so.... yeah.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:
Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
My choice of 'nym was purely arbitrary, and I just wanted to ask a question, and I couldn't think of a better 'nym. So I just picked a bunch of random names. I think my full name is "Giovanni Harrison Rutherford Maximillian Ebenezer Geoffrey Mortimer Lawrence Algernon Schwartz," but it wouldn't all fit in my name on the screen where you pick it for this board, so.... yeah.
You could always go with GHRMEGMLAS....
Giovanni Schwartz

SWKT Parachuter wrote:
Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Swicket, can you tell why I don't like you?