May 15th DU letter

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Portia

May 15th DU letter

Post by Portia »

A letter to the editor in the May 15th edition of the Daily Universe has sparked a lot of controversy. (I.e., half of the letters to the editor since then have been a rebuttal to it.) In my opinion, it has to be a joke. This is what it says:
I was shocked at one of the headlines on the May 14 newspaper using the word “Evolution.” At BYU, we all know that evolution is a stupid idea that can’t be proven. It’s just a theory, and one that directly contradicts LDS principles at that. I was very disappointed that someone would use such an abominable word to describe something so wholesome: BYU.
In the future, I hope you will refrain from using the language of atheists.
Who agrees with me?
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Re: May 15th DU letter

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Portia wrote:A letter to the editor in the May 15th edition of the Daily Universe has sparked a lot of controversy. (I.e., half of the letters to the editor since then have been a rebuttal to it.) In my opinion, it has to be a joke. This is what it says:
I was shocked at one of the headlines on the May 14 newspaper using the word “Evolution.” At BYU, we all know that evolution is a stupid idea that can’t be proven. It’s just a theory, and one that directly contradicts LDS principles at that. I was very disappointed that someone would use such an abominable word to describe something so wholesome: BYU.
In the future, I hope you will refrain from using the language of atheists.
Who agrees with me?
I agree. I hope it is a joke though, but with what is put in the opinions page, it could very well be true.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

If that isn't a joke, I fear for mankind. Or at least for BYUkind.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

If you take it seriously, it's depressing. If it's a joke, it's funny!
I like to interpret things the way that brings me the most happiness.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

Let's hope it's a joke, but there are some people who seriously believe that way. Oh well, there is still hope, since there have always been and will always be such closed minded individuals, but they haven't stopped the world yet.