asthma stuff

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

asthma stuff

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

So who here has asthma? I am just wondering because I may have asthma, and I was wondering what those who do have it do to cope.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I don't, but some of my friends do. Just have an inhaler ready, and be prepared to not go as fast or hard or long on physical activities. You don't need to drop all three of those, just one. Ex. If you run a mile in 8 minutes, don't run it so fast; take nine or ten. Other than that, you can maintain your current course, and just keep going. Don't share an inhaler with someone else; there are different kinds that don't necessarily work the same. (That was the lifeguarrd part of me talking. We're not allowed to have people share inhalers, even amongst family members.)
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I just have a Albuterol thing at the moment that a doc gave me here in provo, but it is more for emergencies. I am seeing the family doctor Friday to see what is up and get a daily thing.

The crazy thing is this may, and most likely, has been brought on by laughing too hard Friday night for hours on end with friends. I should have video up on my blog so you can see the extent of how I laughed...
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Other than that, you can maintain your current course, and just keep going.
Dude, my asthma flares up while I am at work in front of computer, for no apparent reason
Giovanni Schwartz

That's random... I don't know what the deal with that is. My friends that don't live in the computer seemed to not change what they did too much, but I guess all cases are different.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:That's random... I don't know what the deal with that is. My friends that don't live in the computer seemed to not change what they did too much, but I guess all cases are different.
I wished I lived in a computer, then the world would be at my mercy.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:That's random... I don't know what the deal with that is. My friends that don't live in the computer seemed to not change what they did too much, but I guess all cases are different.
I wished I lived in a computer, then the world would be at my mercy.
What computer would you live in?
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Giovanni Schwartz

AS far as I'm concerned, you all live in the computer. Except Craig, but he doesn't count because he's my brother.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

I'm content inside of my Mac.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

xkcd *** wrote:I'm content inside of my Mac.
Amen!
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Why do I have to choose one? With today's technology, I'd copy my brainwaves into every computer system. It wouldn't be the internet anymore, but the Nanti-Net.
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

I have asthma, but it's pretty mild and easily controlled. I can feel when an attack is coming, so I try to slow down and take some deep breaths before I need my inhaler. But it's really helped me to identify situations that tend to set me off so I can be prepared. For instance, I played lacrosse in high school, so that was always tough when I was participating in intense physical activity, surrounded by pollen, and in high stress situations. I just made sure that my inhaler was at the top of my bag so I could get to it easily and that my coach knew about it so there could be a sub ready. But out of all the things that could possibly go wrong with your body, asthma really isn't too bad at all. Good luck!
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Darth Fedora wrote:I have asthma, but it's pretty mild and easily controlled. I can feel when an attack is coming, so I try to slow down and take some deep breaths before I need my inhaler. But it's really helped me to identify situations that tend to set me off so I can be prepared. For instance, I played lacrosse in high school, so that was always tough when I was participating in intense physical activity, surrounded by pollen, and in high stress situations. I just made sure that my inhaler was at the top of my bag so I could get to it easily and that my coach knew about it so there could be a sub ready. But out of all the things that could possibly go wrong with your body, asthma really isn't too bad at all. Good luck!
If it was like that, then things would be fine, but I am having trouble breathing normally. I am more concerned of me laughing and me needing to control myself so I don't laugh as much, or as hard.
Portia

Post by Portia »

I have it. It's gotten better as I've aged. Allergies, on the other hand . . . yikes. Still have as runny a nose as ever if there are plants, animals, or wind. Sigh.