Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Skype anyone?

Post by yellow m&m »

Anyone here use Skype? Do you like it?
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Re: Skype anyone?

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

yellow m&m wrote:Anyone here use Skype? Do you like it?
I use it occasionally with friends who aren't in Utah Valley. It does break up from time to time, depending on the connection, but it works well.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I used Skype while Goober was in Idaho, and I rather enjoyed it.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

Anyone willing to chat with me on it? (It's hard to try out without someone on the other end, I've noticed)
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Later tonight is good for me.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Tangerine

Post by Tangerine »

I use Skype, and I think it's great. The connection is just as good as (or better than) any phone I've ever used. I used it to call Utah and California from Wales last year. I've used it to call Wales and Russia from here. I use it to call home all the time. Skype is cool. As long as you have a good internet connection. :)

And I'd be happy to let you practice on me. But you'll have to PM or email me, since I don't care to post my username for all the world to see.
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

I have used Skype primarily for international calls, which would otherwise be very pricey. I also used it for a while when I didn't have a phone for a few months.

Oh, and sometimes I use Skype to chat with my friends when we play video games online. It's really handy for that.
- Benvolio