Comics Galore

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Avocado

Vera's ponytail

Post by Avocado »

My theory is that it's actually a growth - a literal "tail," if you will - that protrudes out of the back of her head. How else could we describe why a 30-year-old career woman (yes, named Vera) wears a ponytail every day?

I think Dawn would actually be okay if she didn't wear ugly t-shirts all the time - even with her LEGO(r) block hair.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Re: Garfield Randomizer

Post by Katya »

Portia wrote:I just wanted to share the amusement and time-waster that is the Garfield Randomizer:

http://www.dougshaw.com/garfield.html
That's so brilliant. And it confirms all of the rumors I've ever heard about Garfield and Jim Davis.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Re: Garfield Randomizer

Post by ahem. »

Katya wrote: That's so brilliant. And it confirms all of the rumors I've ever heard about Garfield and Jim Davis.
This sounds like you're implying that they're a couple. I can only imagine the logistical difficulties in dating one's own cartoon character. :D
Wisteria

ahem.

Post by Wisteria »

Ha! That sounds like some really bizarre take on Pygmalion.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Since I am so bored, I'm going to go through and revive all of the old threads we haven't seen in a while.

So, has anybody read any new comic strips of interest?
Portia

Mark Trail

Post by Portia »

The middle panel in today's strip (12/21) is priceless.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Which # comic is that? (They don't have dates, do they?)

Ooops, sorry, I thought you were talking about the Wondermark comic.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Wow . . . Dragon Lady . . . I didn't know you were really Margo from Apartment 3G. What a revelation!

http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showCo ... rtment_3-G

(or that you drank champagne for that matter ;) )
Avocado

Gil Thorpe

Post by Avocado »

So, I totally called Elmer and Branden running off to get married. But, I don't think they'll go through with it. Which is a shame, because it would make their "platonic" relationship even more muddy.

The question is, who will stop the wedding? Elmer? Mrs. Thorpe? Mary Worth (whose meddling could conceivably cross comic boundaries)?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Re: Gil Thorpe

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Avocado wrote:So, I totally called Elmer and Branden running off to get married. But, I don't think they'll go through with it. Which is a shame, because it would make their "platonic" relationship even more muddy.

The question is, who will stop the wedding? Elmer? Mrs. Thorpe? Mary Worth (whose meddling could conceivably cross comic boundaries)?
Ah, Mary Worth. I've recently gained 'appreciation' for that comic, when I used to just pass over it on the comics page.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Ah . . . high school. Brought back memories both of mind-numbing drivers' ed class, and the awkward AP Bio day on human reproduction. Wouldn't have been so bad, except for the discussion after . . .