47?

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.

Who wonders why the answer is 47? (hint hint nudge nudge, bob)

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 16

Giovanni Schwartz

47?

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Yes or no?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

But the answer isn't 47... the answer is 42.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Random was slightly mistaken; the answer is not 47. However, it seemed to me that Werf thought Random had meant to put 42, so I told werf she really did mean 47.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Random was slightly mistaken; the answer is not 47. However, it seemed to me that Werf thought Random had meant to put 42, so I told werf she really did mean 47.
The question refers to the 'long story' remark (I believe). My understanding of it is why is the answer not 47/why did Random think it was?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Werf_Must wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:Random was slightly mistaken; the answer is not 47. However, it seemed to me that Werf thought Random had meant to put 42, so I told werf she really did mean 47.
The question refers to the 'long story' remark (I believe). My understanding of it is why is the answer not 47/why did Random think it was?
Um... well... see... there's this society that believes that the number 47 is secretly running the universe.

Yeah.

Now, a certain 'cool guy' at our high school didn't believe that 47 was running the universe, but he thought it was a pretty cool number anyhow and decided to honor it. He, and all of his friends, including myself, my brother, and our friends, starting calling out "47!!" whenever we saw the number, and also did our bit to make the number show up (Pants had people walk on the stage holding "47" posters during his Mr. PHS talent; any numbers I have in my stories usually include 47; Random gets into arguments about wether the number is 42 or 47).

And now all that stuff is habit. We almost always point out 47s, sometimes even pointing them out to an entire movie theater in the middle of a movie.

This is the story. I think.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Really? There's a math teacher at my school who believes that, I bet. His favorite number is 47. (On his work sheets, he has those I II III questions that have a fourth part saying "King Smiley Face lives on top of Mount ___" IF the ansqwe is not 47, then it's false.)
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

I feel like I should have a lot to say on this thread, now that I noticed it.

The answer really is 42. You are all mistaken, you silly 47 people. That may be the answer to a stupid question somewhere, but 42 is the answer to life, the universe, and EVERYTHING.

And my favorite number is 127.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I know the answer is 42.

However, the number is 47.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I know the answer is 42.

If the answer is 42, then what is the question?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Werf_Must wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:I know the answer is 42.

If the answer is 42, then what is the question?
I'm not that smart, mate.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Werf_Must wrote:If the answer is 42, then what is the question?
What were we talking about again?
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Tao wrote:
Werf_Must wrote:If the answer is 42, then what is the question?
What were we talking about again?
Setting up an all out duel between the numbers 42 and 47, sesame street style, with the Lord Count (or whomever the counting guy is) as referee.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Bring it.