32%
Independent
32%

Total votes: 22

Portia

Post by Portia »

http://theboardmb.informe.com/viewtopic.php?t=129

for the enlightenment of all

EDIT: interesting that only one of those posters (namely, me) is active at all on this thing
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

Portia wrote:http://theboardmb.informe.com/viewtopic.php?t=129

EDIT: interesting that only one of those posters (namely, me) is active at all on this thing
True, but Briar Rose has a good excuse--and from your housing situation post/possible mission plans post, you may be in the same boat in not too long!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Exactly! That's why I hate writing English essays, because the teacher is always like "No, that's not exactly what we're looking for. Sorry." I've had that said word for word to me no less than three times, possibly more.
It's a bad English teacher who can't explain what's wrong with it and how you can fix it . . .
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Exactly! They can never tell me how it's wrong, just that it is.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Exactly! They can never tell me how it's wrong, just that it is.
Are they the ones who tell you that you lack creativity as well?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Werf_Must wrote:
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:That's how I feel too. It's just that I was putting off working on my government class.
That is exactly where my best friend stands... and I have a lot of trouble understanding it. Her stance is that she will care more when she gets older and be more involved then... but I just don't get it. Politics are so interesting! I guess it is the same way that the Calculus prof looks at me and says 'how is it that you don't enjoy my subject???'... but at the same time, it is rare for his subject to influence my everyday life in a palpable way. </rant>

If you weren't willing to listen to my blatherings, here is the summery: I like politics, finding them very thought-provoking, and have trouble understanding those who do not
Wow. Calculus affects pretty much everything in a society like ours. We wouldn't have the buildings we have, freeways, TV, the Internet, cars . . .
Portia

Post by Portia »

Werf_Must wrote:
Portia wrote:http://theboardmb.informe.com/viewtopic.php?t=129

True, but Briar Rose has a good excuse--and from your housing situation post/possible mission plans post, you may be in the same boat in not too long!
True. But I'll reiterate again that no premature mourning/goodbyes is/are necessary. :)
Giovanni Schwartz

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Exactly! They can never tell me how it's wrong, just that it is.
Are they the ones who tell you that you lack creativity as well?
No... Not really... I was just bored of my signature, so I wanted something new, but I wasn't feeling creative enough to say something witty.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

A bit late, but here is my results from that test:
Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.67
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Moderate isn't a party :P

You left out Libertarians, Populists, and of course, Communists.
Giovanni Schwartz

-3.88 (3.88 to the left) and like 2.51 or something up. That's my results. I thought about putting communist, but then I realized that being the sarcastic bunch we are, There would have been more voted for that than anything else.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:-3.88 (3.88 to the left) and like 2.51 or something up. That's my results. I thought about putting communist, but then I realized that being the sarcastic bunch we are, There would have been more voted for that than anything else.
This may be true.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote: I thought about putting communist, but then I realized that being the sarcastic bunch we are, There would have been more voted for that than anything else.
On a idealistic 'which is better' type survey, Communism might have a stronger vote in the LDS population than in the rest of the United States. Even discounting those who have studied the law of consecration, it would be interesting to see how many people agreed that "'from each according to his ability, to each according to his need' is a fundamentally good idea". Heck, I remember a survey that showed the average American was more likely to cite that as being part of the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence than any of Marx's works. In theory, Communism is a good idea. In practice, it has had less than admirable results.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Though you have to admit, if the leader is perfect and the people are good it is much more likely to succeed. :)
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]