Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Imogen »

Digit wrote:Ha. Apparently, the Soup Nazi episode is inspired by a real place in NYC, and Jerry Seinfeld is banned there. If I ever in my life go to NYC, I hope I remember to try the soup at that place (and follow the rules perfectly).

No soup for you, Jerry! :)
You didn't know it was a real place? I think it was closed for a while, but it's not anymore.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Imogen wrote:
Digit wrote:Ha. Apparently, the Soup Nazi episode is inspired by a real place in NYC, and Jerry Seinfeld is banned there. If I ever in my life go to NYC, I hope I remember to try the soup at that place (and follow the rules perfectly).

No soup for you, Jerry! :)
You didn't know it was a real place? I think it was closed for a while, but it's not anymore.
When did it reopen? The last time I was in New York (2011) it was still closed, I think.

Also, I MOVE BACK TO UTAH TOMORROW AND I CANNOT WAIT.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Craig Jessop, have you been there before? How strictly do you have to adhere to the rules to avoid being denied?
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

I got somewhere between 6 and 7.5 hours of sleep. Yet I'm completely exhausted. What the heck?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

BayesianConspiracy wrote:I got somewhere between 6 and 7.5 hours of sleep. Yet I'm completely exhausted. What the heck?
Oh, you probably woke up in the middle of your REM cycle. Yay!

(Speaking of waking up, there are 5 residents of the house I stayed in last night, also known as "home". 3 of them woke up at 5 and their alarms also jerked me from my slumber. Since I awoke against my will that early, I decided to sleep in an extra 20 min after my alarm and got up at 5:40. And still made it to work on time, folks!)
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

C is for wrote:Oh, you probably woke up in the middle of your REM cycle. Yay!
Probably. Sleep just hates me.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Ha. To the question "In Castaway, what was in the package that finally got delivered to Texas?", Director Robert Zemeckis joked "A waterproof, solar powered satellite phone." Can you imagine that? :lol:
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Digit wrote:Ha. To the question "In Castaway, what was in the package that finally got delivered to Texas?", Director Robert Zemeckis joked "A waterproof, solar powered satellite phone." Can you imagine that? :lol:
That reminded me of this commercial.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

So... In my surfing the internets, I found a blog where a man was taking votes to see what picture people thought looked most like Christ. Here is a link to one of the contests. Anyone see the issue here?

link
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Is the problem that they all basically look the same - white man, dark hair, facial hair, long hair? Not much of a contest. [edit] And now, having looked at ALL the options, I see the other major issue. :D OH.

Random: I am trying to figure out the bus system in this new town, and thank goodness the bus website has an article called "How to Ride the Bus." PERFECT.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I don't even have to click that link to know what you're talking about. I don't see a problem with people thinking Aragorn looks like Christ. (I assume that's the issue you see. Again, I am not even bothering to click on the link.)
mic0

Post by mic0 »

How did you know?? I've never heard of this being a "thing."
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Well, if you ever want to ride the bus in the Phoenix metropolitan area, either my brother or my dad can tell you EXACTLY where the nearest bus stop to you is.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

mic0 wrote:How did you know?? I've never heard of this being a "thing."
Talkin' to me? I don't know if it's a thing. Only one person had to submit it for it to make it in the polls. (I assume he was being just a little silly putting it in at the end. Maybe it wasn't a serious submission. Maybe there's something in previous comments that explains...)
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science ... cs/1282186 looks at what Jesus might have really looked like
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:So... In my surfing the internets, I found a blog where a man was taking votes to see what picture people thought looked most like Christ. Here is a link to one of the contests. Anyone see the issue here?

link
Yeah, pretty sure none of those look anything like the real Jesus. I know that wasn't what you were getting at, just sayin'.
Deus ab veritas
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Digit wrote:Craig Jessop, have you been there before? How strictly do you have to adhere to the rules to avoid being denied?
I haven't been there, but from what I've heard you have to follow the rules pretty strictly.
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Well, if you ever want to ride the bus in the Phoenix metropolitan area, either my brother or my dad can tell you EXACTLY where the nearest bus stop to you is.
Yes, yes we can. And unless it's a party of the homeless or hipsters, this talent is a rather useless party trick.
Portia

Post by Portia »

My boyfriend has Welsh ancestry, which sent me on a fun Wikipedia chain through Welsh culture, which reminded me of Tangerine.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

Packing to leave for Provo! Excitement!
Digit

Post by Digit »

How is this even possible in this day and age where stores have the ubiquitous little-black-orb eyes in the skies every 10 feet along the ceilings?
[Toys-Я-Us] Store executives say that while the 70-year-old Margaret served as a lookout, Michael, 46, would find a cheap item in a large box, remove it and hide it somewhere in the store. He’d then stash expensive goods in the box—Leapster Pads at $99 each, electronic toothbrushes or pricey Lego sets worth up to $150, reports CBS Miami—and check out, paying the price for what was supposed to be in the box. Authorities say that the less expensive items cost the pair about $7,000, but they made more than $2 million by reselling the big-ticket products on eBay.
Two million! They're going to get the book thrown at them.