Random Thread V

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Aren't they not allowed to come in if you're a girl and they're boys (or vice versa)?

I talked to some Hare Krishnas downtown today, and that was exciting because I didn't know there were any here! They gave me two books.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

I have 26 more hours with one of my jobs before I (hopefully) will never work there again. YAY!!
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

yellow m&m wrote:I have 26 more hours with one of my jobs before I (hopefully) will never work there again. YAY!!
Maceys or the janitorial job?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

Macey's. BYU is the one that will let me take a 3 week vacation then come back. (Plus it pays more. Take that, Macey's!)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Independence Day is approaching, and I am excited! I can't wait for watching the parade while eating bacon, playing with lightsabers on BYU campus, and watching the Stadium fireworks while eating jello! What are y'all doing?
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

Watching the parade, then working my last 10 hours at Macey's. Then crashing.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I'm back. And exhausted. Going to bed very soon. Good night.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

I'm in Torry, Utah. woot!
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Using the force with clay and all. Fun times.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Tao

Post by Tao »

After years of concerted effort, Hollywood has yet to successfully make a Crichton film...
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

The original Jurassic Park was pretty good. As for the rest, yeah. And yet, they keep trying.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

My answer for the upcoming board question 52677 is lovingly dedicated to vorpal blade. Shine on, you crazy diamond!
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

And that with enough friction, your butt will eventually catch fire.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Cognoscente wrote:My answer for the upcoming board question 52677 is lovingly dedicated to vorpal blade. Shine on, you crazy diamond!
Thanks for the "heads up."
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

My brother is cursing BYU again. His girlfriend, who has a medical condition that is making her hair fall out, has to wait weeks for several bosses and bosses of bosses to get permission to shave her head.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

what? that's ridiculous. I'm a female BYU student and I can shave my head any time I want to. It's her job he should be cursing.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:My brother is cursing BYU again. His girlfriend, who has a medical condition that is making her hair fall out, has to wait weeks for several bosses and bosses of bosses to get permission to shave her head.
It's not an extreme hairstyle if you can't help it. That's my favorite argument, though it may not make a difference to the (boss)x5 or whatever.

But, trust me, it's much more palatable to see a girl with a nice, clean-shaven head than one with hair that's fallen out in clumps.

And there's my tuppence. I'll now scurry off and continue clurking. Which is lurking, with a C.

Love,
Constance
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

Regarding #52677, and Cognoscente's answer...pretty funny.

I don't feel any older than a college student. I've just had about 40 more years of experience. That's all. So I didn't think of question #52677 as relating to me. It was only by doing a search for the question number that I found it, and was surprised. And while I don't think of myself as nearly as old as the old man in "Up," I could relate to the feeling of having life pass you by without being able to fulfill the dreams you had in your youth.
Tao

Post by Tao »

C is for wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:My brother is cursing BYU again. His girlfriend, who has a medical condition that is making her hair fall out, has to wait weeks for several bosses and bosses of bosses to get permission to shave her head.
It's not an extreme hairstyle if you can't help it. That's my favorite argument, though it may not make a difference to the (boss)x5 or whatever.

But, trust me, it's much more palatable to see a girl with a nice, clean-shaven head than one with hair that's fallen out in clumps.

And there's my tuppence. I'll now scurry off and continue clurking. Which is lurking, with a C.

Love,
Constance
Good to C ya,

And if you think about it, red is considered an extreme color, so redheads should also have to do the paperwork to go to BYU!
He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong. 33:1-4
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Watch out for Time machines!