Just don't know what to do with myself.

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Re: Just don't know what to do with myself.

Post by Katya »

NerdGirl wrote:And maybe you don't even need to read the book for me to just tell you that that's fundamentally what I believe about Christ, rather than all of this judgement and guilt and checking things off of checklists to get into the Celestial Kingdom. :)
Are you mocking my 5,000 page Celestial Checklist?! Fie on you, woman! ;)
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I'd.... like to see this checklist.
Deus ab veritas
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

finp wrote:
Katya wrote:Is there somewhere you want to be in 1 year or 5 years or 10? If so, I would look at what you need to do to reach those goals and if Church participation will help.
I'm not really sure what this could mean. I have never had many career ambitions, which seems to be the obvious life-goal. But even if I did, how exactly would church participation help with those goals? (Aside from the obvious divine guidance part.)
Career goals are one kind of life goal, to be sure, but I was also thinking along the lines of whether you're the kind of person you want to be in a spiritual or moral sense and whether Church participation would help with that. (I'm also leaving open the idea that maybe Church participation doesn't apply to your life goals, which would certainly lead to apathy.)

However, based on your most recent comments, it sounds to me like you are unusually independent-minded, not in the sense of being rebellious, but more in the sense of being unusually self-contained. Does that sound right? Have you ever had trouble being in a relationship because you felt that you were changing and you didn't want to? (Not changing in a bad way, just changing at all without it being your own decision.)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Marduk wrote:I'd.... like to see this checklist.
It has a full three pages devoted to Visiting Teaching. Does that help?