Random 3.0

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

You... guys... are... FREAKIN' INSANE.

127 posts. 127 posts. Let me say that again. 127 POSTS!!!

(We will, of course, not mention the time I took no notes but posted 15 times during an English class. We will also not mention the fact that I would have joined in if I hadn't been at work.)

(Fred, think faster!!)
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

I thought about having an anonymous blog, but it seemed sort of pretentious. I mean, my life and my writing are barely interesting enough for people who actually know and like me to read it. I really can't imagine that any strangers would want to waste their time reading it.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Notice whose idea the conversation was. I will take credit for that, thank you very much.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I'm doing mine anonymously because I wanted to share it with people here without giving everything away. Plus it's fun.

(imtotallynotbeingpreparedjustincaseibecomeawritersomedaycoughcough)

Fred, think faster!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

How can I think faster when all these people are spamming the Board board?!? I don't even think particularly fast when undistracted!

Crazy, post hungry people. . .

Oh, and Goober, I think that you are thinking of the Reader's party, not a Board party. I could be wrong, but if I am I feel awfully sad that I wasn't invited as well.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Fredjikrang wrote:How can I think faster when all these people are spamming the Board board?!? I don't even think particularly fast when undistracted!

Crazy, post hungry people. . .

Oh, and Goober, I think that you are thinking of the Reader's party, not a Board party. I could be wrong, but if I am I feel awfully sad that I wasn't invited as well.
'Twas the Reader's party, yes.

Think faster anyway!

Come on, don't you love me enough to do that simple favor?
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Fredjikrang wrote: Crazy, post hungry people. . .
I think I am to blame really... I am what, 6 or 7 posts from the top ten posters? In just a little over a month. That's gotta be some kind of record here. (Except for at the beginning when there were no posts whatsoever.)
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

You know, most of us post because we have something to say, not because we want to go around saying "Hah! I've got more posts than you!" Sure, it is kinda fun to have a lot of posts, but I know that isn't why I post here.
Giovanni Schwartz

I agree with Fred. I post because I want to say something, not because I feel a desire to beat out someone on number of posts. Although that conversation DID help my average posts per day... ;)
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

And then there's me, who'd like to post more, but can never think of anything to say. So, I just read everything and chuckle to myself.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

yellow m&m wrote:And then there's me, who'd like to post more, but can never think of anything to say. So, I just read everything and chuckle to myself.
I used to do that all the time, and I sometimes still do. I think that actually meeting some of these people helped - I could tell that they actually didn't mind having me around.
Giovanni Schwartz

Who could mind you, bob? I can think of SOME people that I'd rather not be around, though.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Fredjikrang wrote:You know, most of us post because we have something to say, not because we want to go around saying "Hah! I've got more posts than you!" Sure, it is kinda fun to have a lot of posts, but I know that isn't why I post here.
So says the guy with the most posts ;)

kidding.

And yes I know that is how it appears why I am posting. But I know having more posts isn't that super fun (unless there is a Mosts posts award, which would practically be synonymous with most annoying poster too), but I don't aim at posting how many I have or my place. (I may edit that in later, maybe, but that's different.)
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Giovanni Schwartz

Anti-SARRMM wrote:So says the guy with the most posts ;)
You're just bitter...
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:
Anti-SARRMM wrote:So says the guy with the most posts ;)
You're just bitter...
Yes. I am extremely bitter that I don't have more posts than a guy who has been on the board one year longer than me.
I think it is very unfair, and that there should be a recount. I believe there might by some hanging chads in my favor that will give me a slight advantage.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Lol. I don't think the computer want's to count again, but if you really want a recount, feel free to reload the memberlist page. ;)

And to be honest, it doesn't surprise me how fast you are climbing the ranks of the "most posters." There are only about, oh, ten people who post somewhat regularly on this board, with a bunch of other people coming around every once and a while. I just thought that it might be time to post a reminder that post count really doesn't matter that much. I also felt somewhat responsible for the recent furor about post count, and so felt that it was my responsibility to correct it. :)
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Fredjikrang wrote: I also felt somewhat responsible for the recent furor about post count, and so felt that it was my responsibility to correct it. :)
Yeah, that tends to happen when you are an admin. You have to be the party pooper. ;p
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Lol, yeah. Something like that. :)
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Fredjikrang wrote:Lol, yeah. Something like that. :)
A question though, since I believe someone told me that you are a different person than the writer Fred, are you invited to writer board parties due to being an Admin on the message board?
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Unfortunately not. And not only is that because the Board board is unofficial, but I doubt that I ever will get invited to a Board party without being a writer. That is just the way of the Board. :D

I have been to a couple activities that several writers have attended, but they weren't official Board parties.