Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Emiliana »

Tally M. wrote:I hang out with two of my guy coworkers a lot (they were roommates), and I've had a minor crush on one of them, but have started getting to be better friends with the other. The second guy and I went to the temple this morning, and on the way home he asked me if I liked the other one. I, of course, told him no. Which is mostly true. Commence slight awkwardness the remainder of the way home.
Yaaaaay slight awkwardness!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Tally M. wrote:I hang out with two of my guy coworkers a lot (they were roommates), and I've had a minor crush on one of them, but have started getting to be better friends with the other. The second guy and I went to the temple this morning, and on the way home he asked me if I liked the other one. I, of course, told him no. Which is mostly true. Commence slight awkwardness the remainder of the way home.
I hope the second guy wasn't asking on behalf of the first one. :shock:
mic0

Post by mic0 »

In a blog I'm reading they said, "In the early noughties..." This is the first I've heard of "the noughties" (2000-2009). I wonder if it will catch on; I personally doubt it because it sounds too much like "naughty."
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Katya wrote:
I hope the second guy wasn't asking on behalf of the first one. :shock:
I'm pretty sure the second guy was asking on behalf of himself.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

mic0, I think I read the same article O_O
mic0

Post by mic0 »

O_O

I think we follow the same psychology blog. :D
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Rant rant rant rant rant..... Whine whine, complain. Grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble. Grrrrrrrrr. Ughhhhhhh! Baaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh! Lotsa pent-up waiting emotions. Do you guys ever feel like something isn't happening fast enough, and you don't want to poke, prod, or nag too much because you don't want people to resent you, but really- it's just being pushed farther and farther back. And sooner or later i'm going to explode!!!!!!!!!

Inner peace.....inner peace........inner peace........ *sigh*
Portia

Post by Portia »

Wikipedia wrote:Among women aged 35-44, the chance of being childless was far greater for never married women (82.5%) than for ever-married (12.9%). When the same group is analyzed by education level, increasing education correlates with increasing childlessness: not-H.S. graduate (13.5%), H.S. graduate (14.3%), Some College no degree (24.7%), Associate Degree (11.4%), Bachelor's degree (18.2%) and Graduate or Professional degree (27.6%).
Apparently this here degree I'm earning is likely to have a positive correlation with having a kid 10 to 20 years from now. Hmm.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

No, 8-year-olds can't dress their own hamburgers. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Apparently I have subconscious feelings for the two guy coworkers I mentioned earlier. One of my female coworkers asked me if there was anything going on between me and either of them.

Either that, or my way of being friends with guys can be interpreted as being interested.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Just discovered an international sociolinguistics symposium that will be held in Finland next June. I suddenly really want to go--it combines my love of sociolinguistics and Finland...plus I'd have a chance to practice the language!
Portia

Post by Portia »

What the squirrel????!!!
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

tehehe. I like being sneaky. :-P
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Je suis confused?
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

OH NOW I GET IT!
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

:-D
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Tally M. wrote:Just discovered an international sociolinguistics symposium that will be held in Finland next June. I suddenly really want to go--it combines my love of sociolinguistics and Finland...plus I'd have a chance to practice the language!
now /that/ is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! And it seems to be a perfect fit. I hope you get to go :-)
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Squirrel wrote:
Tally M. wrote:Just discovered an international sociolinguistics symposium that will be held in Finland next June. I suddenly really want to go--it combines my love of sociolinguistics and Finland...plus I'd have a chance to practice the language!
now /that/ is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! And it seems to be a perfect fit. I hope you get to go :-)
Ideally, I'd go to that, spend a week and a half or so in Europe and then do the Cambridge PKP study abroad.

Originally I was planning on going on a mission--I've been having struggles deciding whether or not to go for awhile, and this just made it a whole lot harder.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Go to Finland and put your "ready by" date as the week after the symposium!!
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

mic0 wrote:Go to Finland and put your "ready by" date as the week after the symposium!!
That's a possibility :)