Random Ramblings and the Deathly Hallows

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Re: Random Ramblings and the Deathly Hallows

Post by yellow m&m »

NerdGirl wrote:
yellow m&m wrote:I'd like to point out that I'm not actually that yellow.
Didn't you used to be the cute one, not the yellow one?
Yeah, I just noticed that. Which is why I'm saying I don't really think I'm yellow enough to be the yellow one. I mean, what about Yellow?
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

i need to get a job if I plan on being alive by the end of summer.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I am so grumpy. I feel like these "I hate everything" phases come like every two weeks.

Doesn't stop me from HATING EVERYTHING.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I can't tell if the allergies really are affecting me this badly or if a cold sneaked into the party. : P
Well if your allergies are anything like mine they are being RIDICULOUS even with medication. I blame the prolific rain and subsequent grass seeds.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

xkcd *** wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:I need to do some book reading, or I will never get any prizes in this year's reading program!
Where do I sign up for that?
If you're in Provo, at the library. If not, you'll have to find your own.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Whistler wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:I can't tell if the allergies really are affecting me this badly or if a cold sneaked into the party. : P
Well if your allergies are anything like mine they are being RIDICULOUS even with medication. I blame the prolific rain and subsequent grass seeds.
Mine are usually okay once I get my three prescriptions (a pill, a nasal spray, and eye drops) in my system for a few days. So far I only have two, and only since about an hour ago. I'm doing a little better, though.

I hope yours get better! I hate not being able to function because of stupid things in the air.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Facebook keeps suggesting Board Writers as people I may know to befriend. Mainly interesting because I am not friends with any current writers.

In other news, I can't remember what pain pill track I'm on today. Should I play it safe and wait in pain? Or run the risk and ... still be in pain but not as bad because things start to go a little fuzzy?
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Ha. I'm friends with... 5 board writers (mostly former) now? And they're all female, ironically.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Ha. I'm friends with... 5 board writers (mostly former) now? And they're all female, ironically.
I'm not sure you know the meaning of the word "irony". A more accurate phrase might be "And they're all female, because I enjoy stalking girls."
Deus ab veritas
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I would like to take this opportunity to state that I only friended krebscout after we collaborated on a short story she was writing, and she told me her name, and I friended ahem. after she poked me several times. (Okay, like twice. And she only meant to do it once). Saint Seb, Black Sheep, Mico, and Sky Bones all friended me, and the only one of those that friended me after I actually knew her name was Sky Bones.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

UnluckyStuntman wrote:C is for -
'Stuntman' is fine by me, and I think people will eventually figure out my gender so its not a big secret or anything. Thanks for updating my rank - I'll do my best to earn it :) Here is a shameless twitter plug for both myself and Hypatia. Because I can.

http://twitter.com/BYUstuntman
http://twitter.com/byuhypatia
I was pretty sure you'd mentioned something along the lines of your gender on the mb before, and yep, a cursory search revealed that you are, in fact, a certain gender.

So it's not a huge secret. But I won't give it away.
Tao

Post by Tao »

C is for wrote: ...and yep, a cursory search revealed that you are, in fact, a certain gender.
If I only had a nickle every time I heard that....
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Tao wrote:
C is for wrote: ...and yep, a cursory search revealed that you are, in fact, a certain gender.
If I only had a nickle every time I heard that....
You'd have somewhat less than a dollar?
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Approximately 85 cents less than a dollar? (Now that it's been quoted twice, so it's on this forum thrice.)
UnluckyStuntman

Post by UnluckyStuntman »

C is for wrote:a cursory search revealed that you are, in fact, a certain gender.
this just made my day :)
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

I think that since Gio's gone, I should be made a Mod(erator). Because I'm just that cool. ;)
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

yellow m&m wrote:I think that since Gio's gone, I should be made a Mod(erator). Because I'm just that cool. ;)
We're not ignoring you, just discussing. Got any other reasons why you should be made a mod besides coolness? Not that it's not enough of an indicator, just want to hear your spiel.

While we're at it, we can change ranks to whatever people want them to be at this time (maybe this should be a new thread, if so someone else can split the post because I don't want to. I forgot to take my freaking valium). But if you don't specify you can't complain.

In fact, you can't complain if your specifics don't match what you said. We're admins. Isn't that synonymous with evil?
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

So as title bar mod, should I be moderating anything? Not that anything every happens over there, but it may be nice to un-stick some things.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

I just set your group as the mod of the title bar forum, actually. I tested out your permissions and you should be able to do things like that now.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

A random observation:

"Matt Meese" anagrams into "Meets Meat."
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde