Random 3.0

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:I completely agree with you're [sic] sarcastic piece
*shudder*
- Benvolio
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Benvolio wrote:
Nanti-SARRMM wrote:I completely agree with you're [sic] sarcastic piece
*shudder*
I was thinking you were thinking I said something dirty, and then I noticed what you were shuddering at. Correction made.
Last edited by Nanti-SARRMM on Mon May 12, 2008 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:HEY EVERYONE! I BROKE SOMEONE'S HEART! HE WAS TOTALLY CRYING IN THE CHAPEL TODAY!

Okay, I feel better now.
Um. Congrats?
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Goober

Post by Goober »

I don't think that she is asking for congratulations. She was feeling guilty and wanted to get it off her chest and tell someone. hence her feeling better.
but you know I could be wrong. Bob, are you proud of the fact that you made someone cry?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Goober wrote:I don't think that she is asking for congratulations. She was feeling guilty and wanted to get it off her chest and tell someone. hence her feeling better.
but you know I could be wrong. Bob, are you proud of the fact that you made someone cry?
No, and you know that. Jerk. : P
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

So. Goober and I just spent about two hours cleaning my room. HOLY CRAP. And now my room looks all... all... clean like.

Thanks heavens for Goober and her compulsive cleaning tendencies. I'm telling you, Goober, you need to move in with me.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Hmm... It probably wouldn't hurt if I did that... However, I'm lazy.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Hmm... It probably wouldn't hurt if I did that... However, I'm lazy.
I am in the same boat. And it's sinking.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Goober

Post by Goober »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Hmm... It probably wouldn't hurt if I did that... However, I'm lazy.
Maybe you guys just need more friends like me.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Goober wrote:
Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Maybe you guys just need more friends like me.
I would ask for your help, but there is that stipulation in the honor code stating that members of the opposite sex cannot be in your room. I guess the only other option is cloning and making sure your clone is a guy.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Uh . . . I'm pretty sure that it's impossible to clone yourself into the other gender. It's written in to your genetics, which is what you would be using to make the clone.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Wisteria wrote:Uh . . . I'm pretty sure that it's impossible to clone yourself into the other gender. It's written in to your genetics, which is what you would be using to make the clone.
It is not possible thus far, but some day it may be possible.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

The very definition of a clone precludes the possibility of switching the sex of the individual. The Y chromosome contains one critical gene that turns the switch for male development that does not exist in females. To introduce that gene into a female means by default that the individual is no longer a clone, because new genetic material has been introduced. The site you linked actually explains that.
And human cloning is still way out of our league at this point, regardless. In fact, most mammal clones that we have produced to date have had serious birth defects, which is a major concern for those who are interested in human cloning.
However, I am actually performing cloning on lower life forms at work today. Unfortunately, they won't help you clean your room . . .
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Wisteria wrote:The very definition of a clone precludes the possibility of switching the sex of the individual. The Y chromosome contains one critical gene that turns the switch for male development that does not exist in females. To introduce that gene into a female means by default that the individual is no longer a clone, because new genetic material has been introduced. The site you linked actually explains that.
And human cloning is still way out of our league at this point, regardless. In fact, most mammal clones that we have produced to date have had serious birth defects, which is a major concern for those who are interested in human cloning.
However, I am actually performing cloning on lower life forms at work today. Unfortunately, they won't help you clean your room . . .
Yeah, I got that that. I was joking.

So you're not working on cloning some super cleaning bacteria? You're getting behind Wisteria. ;)
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Drat. Curse the written word and its lack of vocal nuance. Sorry, sometimes I feel the urge to educate the world on things biological.
And I could tell you what the bacteria are *really* for, but I swore an oath of secrecy.
SWKT Parachuter

Post by SWKT Parachuter »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:Yeah, I got that that. I was joking.
Oh, please. Everyone knows you weren't.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Imogen, how did your voice recital go?
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I love the Board. *sigh*
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

SWKT Parachuter wrote:
Nanti-SARRMM wrote:Yeah, I got that that. I was joking.
Oh, please. Everyone knows you weren't.
You're right, it looks like I can't get anything past you. I suppose I might as well confess to having killed President Kennedy as well.
SWKT Parachuter

Post by SWKT Parachuter »

Knowing you, you might fess up to killing James Garfield, too.