Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Emiliana »

Aaaaarugh I just found out that I have 10th, 11th, AND 12th grade English classes this year! This is exciting 'cause at first I thought I just had freshman and sophomores, and I think older grades are more fun, but that's now three different classes that I have to prep for every single day. I am not going to sleep, ever.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I finally signed up for classes today! Since I signed up late a lot of things were full/at awkward times, so it took me forever to find an elective to fill out my schedule. Turns out the elective I finally settled on happened to be the class Marduk is a TA for.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Are there any other members of our lovely forum that want to be Steam friends? Even if you don't want to join Civ V. Just please VALIDATE ME.
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

Emiliana wrote:Aaaaarugh I just found out that I have 10th, 11th, AND 12th grade English classes this year! This is exciting 'cause at first I thought I just had freshman and sophomores, and I think older grades are more fun, but that's now three different classes that I have to prep for every single day. I am not going to sleep, ever.
Ouch! I'm sorry. I did the whole 3 preps every day thing my second year teaching and it was pretty rough, but I survived. You can do it! But, if you ever want to rant about how horrible or stressful it is, feel free to PM me. I've been there.

Yay for. Having older students, though! I love teaching the older high school kids.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

First of two interviews done today. As we were concluding she added, "I like you."

Finding out tomorrow or Wednesday.

One more interview tomorrow.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

That's always a good sign! What kind of jobs are you applying for?

I talked with my department chair and my AP today, and neither of them realized that they'd given me three preps. So they're working on giving my sophomores to someone else.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Emiliana wrote:That's always a good sign! What kind of jobs are you applying for?

I talked with my department chair and my AP today, and neither of them realized that they'd given me three preps. So they're working on giving my sophomores to someone else.
Testing assistant, and reference assistant.

That sounds like it'll make things a lot easier for you!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I just found out that being a vocal performance major costs even MORE money (I didn't realize I'd have to provide my own accompanist). Part of me wishes I knew about all the extra costs beforehand, but the rest of me knows I would have used money to talk myself out of it.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Portia

Post by Portia »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I just found out that being a vocal performance major costs even MORE money (I didn't realize I'd have to provide my own accompanist). Part of me wishes I knew about all the extra costs beforehand, but the rest of me knows I would have used money to talk myself out of it.
My roommate is in music. If you're in it for the money, lasciate speranza.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Portia wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:I just found out that being a vocal performance major costs even MORE money (I didn't realize I'd have to provide my own accompanist). Part of me wishes I knew about all the extra costs beforehand, but the rest of me knows I would have used money to talk myself out of it.
My roommate is in music. If you're in it for the money, lasciate speranza.
There's a difference between being in something for the money and being in something for the debt. ;)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

This morning the missionaries called me at 7:30 to ask if they could stop by some time to leave a message. :shock: (Turns out they were calling from Maine off an old ward list, which explains both the time of day and the request. I told them they were welcome to stop by if they liked, but I no longer live in their mission boundaries.)
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Aaaaaaand the Powers That Be won't change my schedule after all, and I'm pretty darn sure it's because they put basketball ahead of English.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

D: Bummer...
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Emiliana wrote:Aaaaaaand the Powers That Be won't change my schedule after all, and I'm pretty darn sure it's because they put basketball ahead of English.
You're in Texas too, right?
beautiful, dirty, rich
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Yep.
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

Emiliana wrote:Aaaaaaand the Powers That Be won't change my schedule after all, and I'm pretty darn sure it's because they put basketball ahead of English.
I'm sorry, that sucks. My rant whenever you need to offer still stands, if you end up needing it.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Just got my rosters today, and I think this is the first year that I'm starting with classes smaller than 30. I'm am hoping they stay that way, since, legally, the counselor can put as many kids as she wants in my classes since I teach an elective.

Also, I'm not pleased with some kids taking my class again, and I'm SUPER pleased with some taking it again. I wish I could trade some of the ones I don't want with some that can't be in my class due to schedules. Ah well.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

Guys, I'm having a c-section on Friday and I'm a wee bit nervous. Any prayers you want to send my way would be very much appreciated.
Rifka

Post by Rifka »

I will definitely pray for you. Good luck!
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Me too. Wish I were around to do helpful things. I guess I will have to think helpful thoughts at you instead. You will be great! So will the baby! Everything will go off without a hitch! I am so excited for you all! Don't forget to bring Lobstey so he can be the first thing the baby sees!

Also, I was recently informed that the incision for a C-section isn't in the shape of a C. I, for one, feel lied to. (Somehow, although I learned years ago that the C stands for Cesarian, I never questioned my initial assumption about the C-shape.)