Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
C is for
um Administrator

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by C is for »

Doesn't really sound like Imogen's post-deluvian...
Portia

Post by Portia »

Whistler wrote:my brother has declared himself as a post-feminist. *sigh
I feel like this pretty much justifies the use of the term "male privilege" right here.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

My new reaction to whenever someone says "Women should get the priesthood!" is going to be "Men should get visiting teachers!"
Portia

Post by Portia »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:My new reaction to whenever someone says "Women should get the priesthood!" is going to be "Men should get visiting teachers!"
The priesthood isn't something that you do once a month. >.<
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

C is for wrote:Doesn't really sound like Imogen's post-deluvian...
so...does that mean i'm a ghost?
beautiful, dirty, rich
Portia

Post by Portia »

Imogen wrote:
Antediluvian means "before the flood." It was actually quite a clever joke. Well done, C.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Oh, no. Got a call on my cell from my dad at work. He said to call him back this evening about the Brother. I made sure that he was not in physical danger, so I predict either depression/a faith crisis/an early return. O_o Guys, I am worried. My brother is one of my closest friends. My less-than-perfect devoutness is no secret to him. And I really built up him going to the Paris mission, at the same time. ARGH!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:My new reaction to whenever someone says "Women should get the priesthood!" is going to be "Men should get visiting teachers!"
Because systematic theological and institutional disenfranchisement is exactly the same as not getting cookies once a month.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Katya wrote:
Because systematic theological and institutional disenfranchisement is exactly the same as not getting cookies once a month.
I am smiling through my tears.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I know I've already bugged you guys a ton but my Kickstarter is only $33 away from being fully funded! We're hoping to reach the goal today, so if y'all could share on Facebook I'd be really grateful. (Also, if you wait until after noon and share and comment on the post on my Facebook page, you'll be entered to win a $15 gift certificate.)
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Portia

Post by Portia »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:I know I've already bugged you guys a ton but my Kickstarter is only $33 away from being fully funded! We're hoping to reach the goal today, so if y'all could share on Facebook I'd be really grateful. (Also, if you wait until after noon and share and comment on the post on my Facebook page, you'll be entered to win a $15 gift certificate.)
Is today the hard deadline?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

After today we'll have two more weeks until the deadline. But we're really hoping to reach a few stretch goals (we made our goal the absolute bare minimum we could do in order to be sure we were funded) so the earlier we get funded the better!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I went to the store to get some tea for my sudden-onset sore throat and in my slightly sleep-deprived state I bought a brand of tea I've never tried before. Lesson learned - I'm never veering from my regular tea again. This one is just a little too... unique.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

Today's Board title bar quote seems rather fitting: "If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?" Will Rogers
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Portia wrote:
Imogen wrote:
Antediluvian means "before the flood." It was actually quite a clever joke. Well done, C.
I know, but the flooding had stopped by then (it never lasts long in South Texas), so I went with the GIANT OLD TESTAMENT FLOOD. Did not quite land.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

At least with the flu you feel like you have an excuse to stay home. With a cold, you can just pretend you're all right and that you can just push through it.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Tally M. wrote:At least with the flu you feel like you have an excuse to stay home. With a cold, you can just pretend you're all right and that you can just push through it.
Oh, you can? Guess I shouldn't have skipped class yesterday... I think it is okay to stay home with a cold (obviously) - certainly the people you're around would appreciate it. :)
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

mic0 wrote:
Tally M. wrote:At least with the flu you feel like you have an excuse to stay home. With a cold, you can just pretend you're all right and that you can just push through it.
Oh, you can? Guess I shouldn't have skipped class yesterday... I think it is okay to stay home with a cold (obviously) - certainly the people you're around would appreciate it. :)
I'm just more likely to pretend that I can. Since it doesn't feel like I'm *that* sick
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Tally M. wrote: I'm just more likely to pretend that I can. Since it doesn't feel like I'm *that* sick
I get ya, sure. My voice was totally gone on Monday and then yesterday (my classes day) my voice was super manly and it hurt to talk. I didn't *feel* that sick, but knew that it would have been a miserable and embarrassing day. :P I'm really impressed you can power through your sickness!
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

mic0 wrote:
Tally M. wrote: I'm just more likely to pretend that I can. Since it doesn't feel like I'm *that* sick
I get ya, sure. My voice was totally gone on Monday and then yesterday (my classes day) my voice was super manly and it hurt to talk. I didn't *feel* that sick, but knew that it would have been a miserable and embarrassing day. :P I'm really impressed you can power through your sickness!
No need to be impressed. Sometimes you do what you do not because you can, but because you must. And then you somehow can.