Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Portia

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Portia »

I agree with the idea that "Truth or Truth" can be a good way to be active, not passive about your love.

I have some degree of anxiety (not as much the social anxiety that my roommate) has and have certainly had relationship-related panic attacks, but I don't think you should extrapolate the awkwardness of a first relationship to a marriage-track one.

The New York Times recently posted 36 questions "to fall in love." It's an interesting exercise. Concorde was freaked out by the idea of staring into each other's eyes for four full minutes though. (That's in the Modern Love column.)

http://nyti.ms/1BWQijj
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

So, my mom sent that to me yesterday, and I was initially skeptical, but after some thought, I actually really like the concept.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Tally M. wrote:So, my mom sent that to me yesterday, and I was initially skeptical, but after some thought, I actually really like the concept.
Yeah, YMMV, but I'm going to see if my fiancé wants to try it with me, instead of us bickering over extremely asinine things, like registry info or how to "announce" our plans. (Even I recognize how asinine this all is, but it's so @#$% easy to get sucked in.)
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Portia wrote: (Even I recognize how asinine this all is, but it's so @#$% easy to get sucked in.)
Saturday: Zedability judges Portia for getting sucked in
Monday: Zedability gets sucked in

#whyisthissofrustrating
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Those are interesting questions for sure. I feel uncomfortable just imagining talking about the answers to a lot of them.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Zedability wrote:
Portia wrote: (Even I recognize how asinine this all is, but it's so @#$% easy to get sucked in.)
Saturday: Zedability judges Portia for getting sucked in
Monday: Zedability gets sucked in

#whyisthissofrustrating
Muahahahahaha >:-)
coastal goddess liberal
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I'm doing a health challenge with my in-laws and one of the challenges is to eat more fruits and veggies. I'm doing well, but... I'm pooping all the time! This is so weird.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

Whistler, I feel you. I FEEL YOU.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

:-D Also I am playing so much DDR and I feel like the biggest and happiest dork
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I had a choir retreat over the weekend and stayed up until 7 Saturday morning talking to a handful of the members of the choir. It was actually pretty awesome, even though we had to get up at nine for breakfast and I had a seven hour shift that afternoon.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Digit

Post by Digit »

I went into a Radio Shack for the first time in ages. They actually had something neither Walmart nor Lowe's nor anywhere else I checked had: a little B-3 1/2 type flashlight bulb. It (the Radio Shack) looked like it was on the verge of shutting down. The shelves were mostly bare and there was one bored-looking employee listening to LoTR on CD.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

One of my favourite former investigators, who is a trans teenager, posted a series of suicidal facebook statuses last night and I haven't been able to get ahold of him and the police haven't called me back :(

I literally can't even understand what my professors are saying right now, I'm too worried for anything to sink in.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Zedability wrote:One of my favourite former investigators, who is a trans teenager, posted a series of suicidal facebook statuses last night and I haven't been able to get ahold of him and the police haven't called me back :(

I literally can't even understand what my professors are saying right now, I'm too worried for anything to sink in.
:-O
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Ok he's okay
Portia

Post by Portia »

I'm afraid to be optimistic about this job I want because the rejection seems worse if it comes... I guess I'll enjoy Sundance and keep applying ... The problem with the whole bohemian lifestyle is that lack of cashflow part .. But I get to make Zed jealous over my book reading ;)
Portia

Post by Portia »

Percentage of students who are married at BYU virtually unchanged in any year since 1980

So this means there's going to be a giant cultural chill pill taken, right?
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Thank you, Super Bowl Halftime Show playing in the background, now I am going to have "Baby you're a fiiiiiiiireworrrrrrk" in my head all week.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Emiliana wrote:Thank you, Super Bowl Halftime Show playing in the background, now I am going to have "Baby you're a fiiiiiiiireworrrrrrk" in my head all week.
I cried, LOL.
Digit

Post by Digit »

I never knew that John Williams composed the NBC Nightly News current theme. Listening to John Williams - NBC Nightly News close, it's so superhero-like, you can just picture Brian Williams flying through the air slapping away RPGs with his bare hands ;)
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Do people still send thank you emails after interviews? I feel silly doing it, but I did it anyway. :P