Random Thread V

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

Sweet. That's the beginning of my three hours. I don't like to go home because I have a tendency to distract myself out of going back to campus.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

That's cool. After the class I have in the Nelke, I have three free hours. : D Hooray for breaks!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

Sorry, I just figured we needed more randomness in our lives today. It is Friday after all.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Here's something random: I am now a purveyor of gossip.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

This is such an amazing craigslist!

http://onlifeandlybberty.blogspot.com/2 ... icket.html
Quiet Lamb

Post by Quiet Lamb »

That craigslist post made my day. Oh the quirks of Utah.

Random: I went to one of those wedding receptions with my aunt today where you know maybe 4 or 5 people in the entire room... not including the groom that you're related to in some obscure way... and the band played twangy country music mostly. But hey, the food was good, right?
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I'm worried, I never had chickenpox.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

i refuse to read any of the trash written by that lybbert lamewad.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Of Books

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

While bismark may be having a negative experience with books, I on the other hand had quite a surprising thing that happened with me. The week before classes started, I decided to look online for a book for one the classes that I was registered for, CS 235, and found the book to be $35.00 online whereas it was listed as $87.00 used in the bookstore, so I ordered it. Come class, it had not arrived and I got an email saying that the book was not in stock and that they would refund me my money. Also learning from the professor is that we could buy the previous edition of the book, $30 cheaper than the edition listed in the book list, and got that, though it is nonrefundable. (There's always Craigslist to sell it on) Anywhat, to my surprise I received a package in the mail with the book I ordered, and from checking my bank account, it appears that it was not charged. So I got a $100 book for free. (International Edition too, with printing on the back that says that it is not for sale in the US or Canada.)

So not all experiences are bad.

And I put this in Random as I don't think it has much to do with the refund or the book list.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

My brother just called to tell me his friend finally got all the permissions for his next video. Hooray! Here you go guys, Evolution of Dance 2. Hopefully that link ( eod2.com ) works for those of you in non-youtube land.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

I know bismark's post is old, do they still withhold information like that? That would drive me crazy.

By the end of the quarter, the next quarter's book list is up on the website for my school... which meant that I used media mail over winter break and still got my books on time!
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Did anyone read today's XKCD? For some reason, it struck me as hilarious.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Did anyone read today's XKCD? For some reason, it struck me as hilarious.
Actually, as I was reading it, I was trying to figure out if there was a way I could do that. Now I want to lock myself out of the house....
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

Free Shampoo! (for today only)

http://www.suave.com/nomics/index.html
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

I just met my first mac-hater. Wow.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I used to be a mac-hater. But I've seen the error of my ways, and actually like them now.

As a side note, do you ever notice that you're typing things phonetically? I do it all the time. And then I realize I did it, and go back and fix it.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I don't think that I've ever typed things phonetically, but I often double the wrong letter in words with a double letter. Especially when Os and Bs and Vs are involved.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:I used to be a mac-hater. But I've seen the error of my ways, and actually like them now.

As a side note, do you ever notice that you're typing things phonetically? I do it all the time. And then I realize I did it, and go back and fix it.
Only when I am typing in Spanish, but that's because for the most part the words are spelled how they sound.
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:I used to be a mac-hater. But I've seen the error of my ways, and actually like them now.

Only when I am typing in Spanish, but that's because for the most part the words are spelled how they sound.
Oh, I totally get that with Chinese, too.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

chillygator wrote: Oh, I totally get that with Chinese, too.
It helps that you use a gchat's program to write in Chinese though.