Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Imogen »

So, I'm lesson planning for next year (I have to teach another grade next year...I HATE 6TH GRADERS!!!!! UUUUUGGGGGH), and I realized I have to make my Shakespeare unit shorter, and this makes me so sad. I hope this "being more organized" thing works out for me.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I have 33 minutes left of having a 2-year old. This is a very bittersweet moment for me.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Dragon Lady wrote:I have 33 minutes left of having a 2-year old. This is a very bittersweet moment for me.
Happy birthday to Dragon Baby!

Also, I can somewhat relate. When my baby turned 8 days old on Sunday, he suddenly looked older and all grown up. I told my husband it was time to have another one. He didn't agree.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I got some medication today for issues I've been having and it said "take at least one hour before eating." I took it ~50 minutes before eating and now I have a stomachache. Coincidence??
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

mic0 wrote:I got some medication today for issues I've been having and it said "take at least one hour before eating." I took it ~50 minutes before eating and now I have a stomachache. Coincidence??
I think not!
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

You know when people try to be nice while giving criticism or correction and end up being so nice about it that they're completely unclear? That's actually the polar opposite of being nice. In somewhat related news, it turns out that I'm actually NOT allowed to text at work at all. (I thought I had been specifically told that it was not completely forbidden.) Clear communication, people. Clear communication. I suppose I'd better get my mp3 player either fixed or replaced... and hope that I don't have any more 13-hour days in nearly total isolation...
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I finally got my nameplate! Now I feel like I actually belong...

or something...
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I don't have a nameplate, but I was the fifth person to have a company email address. It was a proud moment for me.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

And congrats.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

oh, yeah, my cousin saw you guys are/were hiring? She's looking for a desk job.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

You guys... goodbyes really, really suck :(
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Craig Jessop wrote:You guys... goodbyes really, really suck :(
Especially if they are really hot.
Deus ab veritas
Portia

Post by Portia »

After listening to recordings of my friend and I acting out scenes over and over, I was reminded that my voice sounds like a hypercaffeinated twelve-year-old's. I wish I had a sexy Lauren Bacall voice like Uffish Thought. I really hate phone interviews/job inquiries for this reason. How would anyone take me seriously? It's not only the pitch but the timbre: it's so nasally with such spread, American vowels. The way I said "that's not neeeeeaaaaaaturalistic!" SERIOUSLY sounded like "I ceeeeaaaan't steeeaaaaand him!" from Singing in the Rain. Funny. But also embarrassing.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

YOU GUYS my morning was full of totally epic dreaming with aliens and gods and magic and space ships and intrigue and wars and crossing dimensions and character development and subplots and side plots that was all tied together in this glorious way that even in my dream I realized I wasn't talented enough to capture in novel form... but I'm going to try!

Also, the short shelf life of berries is currently the bane of my existence.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Also, the short shelf life of berries is currently the bane of my existence.
Become friends with your freezer!
Last edited by Dragon Lady on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Yup! Freeze those berries! Though I presume that you are talking about strawberries since they are wondrously cheap right now. Which also means that there will be a noticeable difference in texture after freezing. But they are still great in milkshakes and such!
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I was thinking of blueberries. I got two large containers for cheap recently. I keep wondering if I'm gonna have to freeze them. But then we keep eating them. So we'll see if they survive to the freezer.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I've been buying strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries and eating them with my yogurt in the morning. My first batch was fine for a few days (though I still had to throw some away) but of the ones I purchased yesterday I don't know if any of them will still be good tomorrow. I would totally just freeze them for smoothies, but I don't know that I own a blender...
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

MMmm. I love berries and yogurt (especially with museli or granola) and berries are totally great frozen with it!

Also, something I learned on my mission. Buy a blender. Life is better with a blender. :D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Portia wrote:After listening to recordings of my friend and I acting out scenes over and over, I was reminded that my voice sounds like a hypercaffeinated twelve-year-old's. I wish I had a sexy Lauren Bacall voice like Uffish Thought. I really hate phone interviews/job inquiries for this reason. How would anyone take me seriously? It's not only the pitch but the timbre: it's so nasally with such spread, American vowels. The way I said "that's not neeeeeaaaaaaturalistic!" SERIOUSLY sounded like "I ceeeeaaaan't steeeaaaaand him!" from Singing in the Rain. Funny. But also embarrassing.
Ha! I put on a higher voice for the phone, because I get tired of being called "sir." I guess we all want what we don't have.

Also I'm really flattered and busy adding movies with Lauren Bacall to my queue so I can be more flattered.
Last edited by UffishThought on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.