Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Craig Jessop »

I had a dream in which the Queen explained to my little sister why she signs her name "Elizabeth R." It was really weird, and Her Majesty was very gracious.

(In case you didn't know, the "R" stands for "Regina," which is Queen in Latin. I guess that's what's you get for not having a real last name. Someday the "Charles R" will be for "Rex." Anyway.)
Portia

Post by Portia »

UffishThought wrote:
Portia wrote:After listening to recordings of my friend and I acting out scenes over and over, I was reminded that my voice sounds like a hypercaffeinated twelve-year-old's. I wish I had a sexy Lauren Bacall voice like Uffish Thought. I really hate phone interviews/job inquiries for this reason. How would anyone take me seriously? It's not only the pitch but the timbre: it's so nasally with such spread, American vowels. The way I said "that's not neeeeeaaaaaaturalistic!" SERIOUSLY sounded like "I ceeeeaaaan't steeeaaaaand him!" from Singing in the Rain. Funny. But also embarrassing.
Ha! I put on a higher voice for the phone, because I get tired of being called "sir." I guess we all want what we don't have.

Also I'm really flattered and busy adding movies with Lauren Bacall to my queue so I can be more flattered.
Lauren Bacall movies ought always to be added. And I guess I should not mourn my sexual dimorphism: the only real drawback is that it adds to the overall impression that I'm 17-21. Which I'm not. I'll have to practice my "experienced professional" voice for an upcoming job interview. Though I tend to get even MORE fast and high as I get nervous.

Surely there are some soprano sex symbols? ;)
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

So I've decided I need some friends outside of the frustrating single scene in Provo. Unfortunately the only person I'm comfortable reaching out to is stupid boy's older sister.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Fact: I love playing murder in the dark.
Sparklebreeze

Post by Sparklebreeze »

Four of my five roommates got engaged within the last four months and will be married by mid-August. I was planning on living with all of them again next semester. Grrrr
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I just found out one of the roommates I had the most difficulties with is engaged. I'm happy for her, but a little bitter that everyone else seems to get opportunities that I want a shot at.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I just discovered that if I push "u" on my keyboard on Youtube, the video goes fullscreen! Weird. :D

Also, Grenade cover by Salt Lake Pops with Alex Boyé and Lindsey Stirling = nice!
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

UffishThought wrote:Fact: I love playing murder in the dark.
Fact: you and I should be friends. I will warn you, however, that I am the best there is at that game. There is nobody better. I'm serious.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

What's murder in the dark?
Deus ab veritas
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

An awesome group game that I can never find enough people to play or a place dark enough to play.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Craig Jessop wrote:
UffishThought wrote:Fact: I love playing murder in the dark.
Fact: you and I should be friends. I will warn you, however, that I am the best there is at that game. There is nobody better. I'm serious.
I am not actually excellent at it. But I do enjoy hiding in dark corners and creeping people out a little. Is that bad?
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Marduk wrote:What's murder in the dark?
A group assembles in a dark house. A few are randomly chosen as murderers, but no one else knows who they are. The lights are turned off, and everyone mills around. A murderer can run his finger across someone's throat, "killing" them. The dead person falls down, and when someone else stumbles across the dead body, they scream. Then the lights come one, and everyone debates who the killer is, just like mafia. The primary suspect is hanged, and then the lights go off and another round starts. It goes until the murderers win or are eliminated.

I don't have a good straight face, so I have to act creepy all the time to protect myself in case I'm a murderer.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

so mafia+physical acting. Gotcha. Seems less intellectual.
Deus ab veritas
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I would hate that game so much.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

I don't know, there's still all the fun of who's defending who, and then the added element of trying to recreate who was where at the time of the murder. It can get pretty intellectual. But all the arguing just gives me a headache, in either game. I prefer the physical bit.

And what part of it would you hate?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Creeping around in the dark where I might be killed or stumble across someone who had been killed. I would be way too scared.

My aunt's dog just had her puppies! I haven't seen them yet because she just got home, but once they're a little older it will be my job to play with them.

On the downside of that, her other two dogs had to be locked in their crate this morning and spent the whole time whining and barking. And by "this morning" I mean "two hours before I wanted to get up."
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I'm reading my cousin's letters (she is on a mission right now and her family posts the letters online), and anyway her companion looks a LOT like C is For!! At least, initially. The more I looked, the less you two looked the same, but it was crazy. C is For, are you on a mission right now??? ^_-
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

;)
Digit

Post by Digit »

I like Google Analytics. Apparently, one person from Kathmandu has visited my site :)
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Anyone online now in the mood for Bollywood? I'ma watch one, and you're welcome to come.