sigh

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
bismark
Old Man

sigh

Post by bismark »

can we just get over ourselves and end for-profit health care? thanks.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

While I would love to be able to go to the doctor without paying, I have seen too many problems with social healthcare to want it. I don't really care about numbers, I care about people. And while it seems that more people could be treated if we did away with profit-driven healthcare, even more people could be helped if we stopped being sue happy and let doctors do their jobs.
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

why not do both and make things work grrreat!

maybe people would be less inclined to sue a doctor if they didn't have to go into hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt for medical care.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

Although one of the largest contributors to healthcare being so expensive is that doctors have to pay for mal-practice insurance even though they are good doctors. I'd rather see those costs regulated before being forced into a state healthcare plan.
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

Yeah, doctors' incomes have been steadily decreasing over the last twenty years. Oddly enough, as insurance companies pay doctors less for services, they charge people more for the insurance. It's not the doctors, or even the hospitals, who are getting rich here.
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

We should just stop getting sick altogether.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Oh how I wish that could be true... : )
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.