Freshman Dorms

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Neologism

Freshman Dorms

Post by Neologism »

So, I have always wanted to live in Heritage because I want a kitchen, but looking on the housing website today, it appeared that only two people share the apartment style suite, when I had always thought that there were three rooms attached to each, totaling six people (two to a room). For those of you who go to BYU, can you tell me what the Heritage dorms are actually like?
or so this werf thinks...
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Nope, you are correct. In Heritage there are three rooms for each apartment that each have two beds, and they all share one kitchen/living room area.

Helamen is the one where there are two people in each room, and no kitchens, with large communal bathrooms for each floor.

Maybe you mixed up your "H" names. It's easy to do.
Neologism

Post by Neologism »

Thanks! I don't know, they had these weird floor plans that had kitchens with only one bedroom. Then I thought that they might be the rooms for the...I'm not really sure what their called, I don't think the RAs but someone else in charge, but they had like three floor plans that looked like that. I don't know it was weird.

But I'm going to trust you, who I assume have actually seen the rooms. Actually I've seen the rooms, but I was just afraid that they had changed them or something. I am rambling now...
or so this werf thinks...
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Interesting. I assume you were at this link. I think you are right - those are the rooms for the RAs normally. But I noticed that this link shows the rates for spring/summer. Do they not have RAs during the shorter terms, and are offering those rooms to the general public in the meantime? I didn't live in Heritage, so I think someone who actually lived there should answer the rest of this. I lived in DT and had friends in Heritage.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

The RAs always have there own room, and when I lived in Heratage the room was in one of the standard units. The two person apartment suites are for the Hall advisors, but there is only one hall advisor for two to three buildings so the two person apartments are rented out in the other buildings. And there are RAs year round in all on campus housing.