Foreman

ROBOTS!

Post by Foreman »

So... terrifying, awesome, or both?

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/08/29/li ... robot.html
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I saw that the other day. Pretty incredible!
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Miss Scarlett

Post by Miss Scarlett »

Holy crap! Every time I see some new robot, I'm torn between being amazed at what they can do, and being terrified that someone's really going to build some evil army of robots like they always have in movies. This one could backhand your face 20 times before you even knew it!
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

There are also now robots that kiss too.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

*sigh*

What's the point in learning to do anything if a robot can learn to do it too? And probably better?

Like acting. And emoting. And kissing. And catching cell phones. And dribbling little yellow balls.

I was going to teach myself how to twirl a pen between my fingers, but no longer. There's no point.

(in other news, I'm fascinated but not convinced that humanoid robots are what the world needs. Super fast rice-tweezing hands, sure. But none of this kissing stuff.)

Next day EDIT: Aw, man! The one time I could sign off as "Cyborg" and I forgot! After today it won't even be true...
Last edited by C is for on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Jonny 5... IS ALIVE!!!!
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

I remember the quote as "Number 5 is alive," and looking it up I think I'm right, but apparently a lot of people use "Johnny 5 is alive."

Does the movie say both?
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Number 5 doesn't pick up the name Johnny until part way through the movie, so both are used, as I recall.