Halloween Costume Ideas

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Dead Cat
Completed

Halloween Costume Ideas

Post by Dead Cat »

It's a bit early, but oh well. What are some great (or at least mediocre) ideas for Halloween costumes? I was thinking of going as a "Redshirt" (Star Trek), but realized that since all the ones I know about are male, it may not entirely work out.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

One of my roommates is going to be a pirate (arr!). I usually just get some garb out of the closet, but this year I don't have access to garb, so I've been wondering what I should be. Well, what I can be. After years of my mother making my costumes (or wearing things my mother made earlier), I don't want to buy a costume.

Oh wait I should totally be Sally. Black paint ahoy! And a red wig! I need a red wig! And where could I find a patchwork dress?
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Cuddlefish

Post by Cuddlefish »

I was a honeybee last year. I gelled my hair up into antennae, which was awesome.

The stinger made it a little difficult to sit comfortably, though.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Last year my roommate went as a spy. Her disguise was flawless: none of the teachers even seemed to notice her at all. then she came home and dressed up as Hermione to go with me to The Orphanage.

And I broke my several-year tradition of going as Susan Bones to go as Nancy Drew. If anyone wants to borrow my trenchcoat to do the same, they may. I think there's still a magnifying glass in the pocket.

I postponed posting this post because I was sure I could think of some more awesome costumes. But I'm still drawing a blank. Mayhap I will be back.

Love,
Curlicue, who is going to wear dreadlocks for halloween
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I traditionally go as someone with chicken pox or Snow White. Maybe I should combine the two this year.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Dr. Horrible
Charlie Brown
Lucy from Peanuts . . . fashion a psychiatry booth
The state of Utah (I did this in 1st grade! It was made out of foam and I my dad drew landmarks on it. Awesome)
early '60s mod
black eyed pea: blacken your eye and tape "P" to your sweater
U of U cheerleader (at BYU) or vice versa: I did this. Beware the angry rants!
The board has had very good suggestions recently. Just click "search last 3 months" and input Halloween Costumes
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

My parents were in BYU marching band, and one year they dressed up as members of the U of U marching band. At least one of the costumes is still around somewhere...
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Damasta

Post by Damasta »

This one takes three people. One person dresses up in all-brown clothing. The other two dress up in all-black clothing. The person in brown curls up on the ground in the fetal position. The two people in black round around the first person in circles—they're dog doo and flies!

My roommates never wanted to do this one. I'm not sure why...
I am Ellipsissy...
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

You could go basic like I do: A nudist on strike, perhaps?

Or this one.
Nancy08

Post by Nancy08 »

Just like this...

Family Halloween party!

Damasta

Post by Damasta »

Hmm...you aren't advertising there, are you, Nancy08?
I am Ellipsissy...
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Damasta wrote:Hmm...you aren't advertising there, are you, Nancy08?
I would assume not as she didn't post a link or anything.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
habiba

Post by habiba »

allahu akbar
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

habiba

Post by habiba »

I know right? If I didn't have to work on Halloween I think I'd head over to Brooklyn in search of him. Well....them.
allahu akbar
Waldorf and Sauron

Post by Waldorf and Sauron »

habiba wrote:I know right? If I didn't have to work on Halloween I think I'd head over to Brooklyn in search of him. Well....them.
I almost offered my condolences for your recent amputations.