#55195 Bringing Different Majors together

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

C is for
um Administrator

#55195 Bringing Different Majors together

Post by C is for »

So my thought doesn't coincide exactly with the question (or the initial one #55088) but I just thought I'd mention that there's an E.E. and E.E. dance tonight in the Clyde Building.

That's Electrical Engineering and Elementary Education.

Genius!

(See, it kind of fits because it's about bringing majors with a skew toward one gender or the other together, but it doesn't fit because the question was talking about grad students while this is probably just undergrad. Just in case you didn't catch that. Which you might not have since this question is about a week old.)
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I do know that those who know grad students are trying to get them to come. As I am merely a family life major, I will not be there.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

It isn't just grad students. And I am in CS and I went.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Dances. *shudder*
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Well, from what I could tell it wouldn't have been well-attended by just EE and EE so I'm sure you would've been welcome, Unit. If CS was invited...

And I did say that it was for undergrads.

Hey, I probably could've gone, and I'm not even a student.

They should do things like that more often. Not that it does my sister (an electrical engineer) any good, since she's already engaged to another electrical engineer.

Dances aren't for anyone, though! ;) Haha, bob. I was just thinking about that earlier today. Some people just hate 'em.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I did end up going, I was out with some friends and they decided to go. I don't know that going with friends from my ward does much good though, since we tend to stick together. Others mingle with us, but we aren't very good at mingling.