Reboot

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
Castle in the Sky

Reboot

Post by Castle in the Sky »

I'm tired of franchise reboots done within a short timespan. There are justifications for reboots (i.e. you have something really amazing a la Batman Begins), but seriously.. Spiderman 1 AGAIN? GAH!

That's all,
-Castle in the Sky
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

What? Spiderman 1 again?

Please, people. Come up with some new ideas.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Can I have a source for that? My cursory search didn't yield anything, and I'm too lazy to try again. I want to see, so I can better mock. :twisted:

Not sure where that emoticon came from...

But seriously, if they want to reboot a fandom so soon, they should go with Ella Enchanted.
Castle in the Sky

Post by Castle in the Sky »

Sure thing!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 48eaee3ac2
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/02/11/sp ... firmation/

Basically, from what I gather it went down like this: the director (Sam Raini) wanted to do Spiderman 4 right (he was really upset about how 3 turned out -- I think this is because the producers got in his way and took over his movie -- he was VERY upset about Venom). He probably didn't like the way things were going and decided to quit. Other cast members may have quit as well at that point. Sony, in debt from the PS3, has one major motion picture cash crop: Spiderman. They have a contract with Marvel that they can produce x number of Spiderman movies (within a certain time frame?). With Spiderman 4 wrecked they decided to go back to the drawing board and start over hoping they can make it just as successful (rumored to be darker/grittier a la Batman). Yeah right. It would take a lot to convince me to see it at this point.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Castle in the Sky wrote: (rumored to be darker/grittier a la Batman). Yeah right.
Agreed. A major reason Batman Begins worked so well is the simple fact that Batman is dark and gritty. Spiderman? not as much. I could possibly see it if they hadn't already messed up the Gwen Stacy storyline with #3...

I'd have to get an OK from Humble Master before seriously considering it.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

Tao wrote:I'd have to get an OK from Humble Master before seriously considering it.
Never have truer words been spoken on this message board.