6' 1" to 6' 2" (male)
4%
6' 3" and above (either gender)--Call yourself out
4%

Total votes: 27

Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

I tend to picture writers/readers that I haven't met as various video game characters. :P I'm usually way off. Sometimes, though, a name will remind of someone that I knew when I was younger, and I'll associate someone with that person.

For example, when I was in high school I actually had a friend whose name was Giovanni and he was tall, buff, had a dark complexion, and was the quarterback on the football team. So, I tend to associate what my high school friend looked like with Gio Schwartz.

Let's see, some of the other associations I made were before I met Dragon Lady, I associated her with a woman in my home stake that we used to call "Dragon Lady" since she was infamous for being cruel and cold-hearted at girls' camp (no offense, DL, :D remind me to tell you the whole story some time). Before I met habiba, I associated her with Garnet from Final Fantasy IX. I've also always associated NerdGirl with Quistis from Final Fantasy VIII and Tao with Rauru from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Okay, now I'm just starting to sound like a facebook quiz or something. Anyway, you can probably catch my drift. :)
Cuddlefish

Post by Cuddlefish »

Ooo! Oooo! What do I look like? This could be fun...
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Sky Bones wrote:I tend to picture writers/readers that I haven't met as various video game characters. :P I'm usually way off. Sometimes, though, a name will remind of someone that I knew when I was younger, and I'll associate someone with that person.

For example, when I was in high school I actually had a friend whose name was Giovanni and he was tall, buff, had a dark complexion, and was the quarterback on the football team. So, I tend to associate what my high school friend looked like with Gio Schwartz.

Let's see, some of the other associations I made were before I met Dragon Lady, I associated her with a woman in my home stake that we used to call "Dragon Lady" since she was infamous for being cruel and cold-hearted at girls' camp (no offense, DL, :D remind me to tell you the whole story some time). Before I met habiba, I associated her with Garnet from Final Fantasy IX. I've also always associated NerdGirl with Quistis from Final Fantasy VIII and Tao with Rauru from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Okay, now I'm just starting to sound like a facebook quiz or something. Anyway, you can probably catch my drift. :)
Football player, huh?
Giovanni Schwartz

Cuddlefish wrote:Ooo! Oooo! What do I look like? This could be fun...
Oh, and umm... You look... Reddish brownish hair, short, and pleasantly plump. And very cute.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

No way do I picture Cuddlefish plump! We're "complain about being underweight" sisters! I definitely think of her with reddish brown hair, though, and cuteness. Or maybe blonde. But I like the mahogany (if that's an appropriate word) hair color.

And Sky Bones didn't ask, but I thought of her as a video game character too. Uh, I can't remember the name of the game, but there's this one where you run around the city and bad guys chase you and you're a girl and like underground spy or something...

That's what I would picture.

Also, Gio, thanks. I was going to comment but your post is mysteriously absent. We'll just pretend that didn't happen, I guess.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Cuddlefish is really tiny, with thick, curly, blonde hair and blue eyes.

Sky Bones is very tall and skinny with long, straight, very light blonde hair and very light blue eyes.
Giovanni Schwartz

Can I just say: I love this thread.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread. Your guesses were pretty good! Except that I'm not quite that tall, and I have red, shoulder-length hair. Plus my glasses are Quite Classy. :) This has all been very entertaining.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

Heh. Unlike Mico, I don't know that I would agree with just about any of the guesses about me. I think I have too many curves to be skinny. Also not blonde, although I think my hair is too light to be called "dark." And it's definitely not straight. And I usually have vague images in my mind of what everyone else looks like, but if I think about it, it's usually to vague to put into words.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I think everyone should know that Tao has fantastic red hair.
Cognoscente

Post by Cognoscente »

Whistler wrote:I think everyone should know that Tao has fantastic red hair.
That's an understatement. Tao makes Ron Weasley look swarthy.
Early to bed and early to rise
Precludes you from seeing the most brilliant starry nights
Giovanni Schwartz

Whistler wrote:I think everyone should know that Tao has fantastic red hair.
So. I really was going to guess that Tao had red hair. But then I didn't, because (I don't think) he didn't want me to.
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

Well, in that case, Tao has suddenly just transformed into Reno from Final Fantasy VII in my mind. :P

And C, I'm flattered that you associate me with a video game character, despite the fact I have no idea which one you're talking about. :D NerdGirl was pretty close though: I'm a decent height (5'5"ish), skinny, and have light blue eyes, but I no longer have long, straight blond hair (though I used to for a while). I'm going to back to my more light brown natural color, and while it's not long, it's not quite short either right now. I don't know how to explain it, really. A woman in my branch owns a salon, and she cut my hair for me recently, and she did some crazy Japanese thing with it. It's sort of like layers, but not the slight, elegant, rounded kind of ones you see in America. The layers are really varied and kind of spiky. It sounds weird, I know, but it's actually pretty cool, I must admit (though it definitely took me a couple days before I started liking it).
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

Ooo! What about me? I'm curious now...
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
NerdGirl

Post by NerdGirl »

yellow m&m, I would say your hair and body type is similar to Alicia Silverstone in Clueless, but your face is different and more intelligent-looking. And you have glasses. You kind of look like this girl I know, only you look like how she looked when she was about 10 years younger, and Alicia Silverstone in Clueless is the closest I can get to that. :)
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

I'm nosy, and now I want to see pictures of all of you. Next best thing - indulge me, what famous person do you think you look like? Or has this been covered before...

Now because I know you're all dying to know...I am average height (5'6"ish), just on the stocky side of average build (but not because I'm muscular), and I'm confident saying that I have the shortest hair of all the females on the Board. Shorter than some males' too, probably. Dirty blonde barely curly pixie cut, maybe? Sauron likes it short. I also wear glasses, at least when I'm driving and watching movies. I share some general features with Reese Witherspoon and Mia Farrow...not quite that hot, though.

Sauron is...extremely handsome. And bearded. Woohoo
Giovanni Schwartz

yellow m&m wrote:Ooo! What about me? I'm curious now...
I already know what you look like. Is that cheating?
Giovanni Schwartz

krebscout wrote:I'm nosy, and now I want to see pictures of all of you. Next best thing - indulge me, what famous person do you think you look like? Or has this been covered before...

Now because I know you're all dying to know...I am average height (5'6"ish), just on the stocky side of average build (but not because I'm muscular), and I'm confident saying that I have the shortest hair of all the females on the Board. Shorter than some males' too, probably. Dirty blonde barely curly pixie cut, maybe? Sauron likes it short. I also wear glasses, at least when I'm driving and watching movies. I share some general features with Reese Witherspoon and Mia Farrow...not quite that hot, though.

Sauron is...extremely handsome. And bearded. Woohoo
I don't look like any famous people.

Also, I think you're biased in Sauron's favor.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I know what Nem looks like too. But before I met her (you'd all like to know, I think, that over half of the people I have submitted guesses for I already knew what they looked like) I thought of her as my height (I think of everyone as my height; it throws me off when they're different), with brown hair a la her icon. That was about as far as I got. I knew she must be cute because her title said so.

I look, I've been told, like Audrey Hepburn. With the pixie cut. Obviously not quite so stunning.

More info about what I look like if requested. Because we all know how much C adores talking about herself.
NerdGirl

Post by NerdGirl »

Well, I don't really look like anyone famous, but if anyone's just dying to know, I found this random picture of me on the internet doing something very Canadian...

http://www.ap.smu.ca/~smuaps/society/cu ... Small).jpg

But my hair is longer these days.

And you may think this giving away my anonymity, but if anyone on here actually knew me in real life it would probably already be pretty obvious who I am. :) There's only one school in Eastern Canada with an astronomy department and there's only one female Ph.D. student at that school, and on top of that there aren't very many BYU alumni out here.