Summer Colors!

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Summer Colors!

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Friends! My sister and I are having a MAJOR dilemma, and we would like some help.

Which three colors do you feel represent summer? (Or even just one or two colors.)
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Green, blue, and yellow.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

yellow and orange.

Maybe even green.

If this is for a bracelet, I would do it a lot like you did the Spring one, with yellow and orange as the stripes and green writing. Or green and yellow stripes and orange writing.

If this is for a bracelet, I just became a world-class crazy person. Actually, maybe that's for if it's not for a bracelet.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I'm going to go with Avatar (The Last Airbender, not blue people in the forest) and say that summer is like the Fire Nation: red and yellow.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Oh, I'm not surprised, C. There's a link to my blog on my profile here, and there are pictures on my blog that lead right to my shop. So yeah.

Though I suppose, if you've been checking out my shop, I'm allowed to friend you on Facebook? (I almost did the other day...)

Anyway. Yes, this is for a bracelet, but not like the one in my shop, C. I already have a summer friendship bracelet (and autumn and winter too), I just haven't put them up for sale yet. I only took the pictures today. (And they're pretty, you should check them out when I get them up!) It's for my sister's bracelets, the ones with beads. We chose beads for a winter bracelet, and a spring bracelet, and an autumn bracelet, but we can't for the life of us come up with colors for the summer bracelet. So we're asking for help.

Speaking of which, thanks the for the responses, guys! Feel free to keep chiming in. We're taking everything, even how often a certain color is mentioned, into consideration.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

To me, it isn't the colors, but the tones. Pastels. Just about any color of pastel means spring and summer to me.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I agree! Like, Easteryness! Pastel pink and green and blue are definitely springy. Summer is vibrant red, orange, and yellow. Fall is orangey red, orangey yellow, and brown. And winter is blue. and white. and silver.
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

I'm all about the reference to Avatar: The Last Airbender, particularly since I'm currently re-watching the series. Summer is definitely red and yellow (perhaps orange, too).
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Oh, I'm not surprised, C. There's a link to my blog on my profile here, and there are pictures on my blog that lead right to my shop. So yeah.

Though I suppose, if you've been checking out my shop, I'm allowed to friend you on Facebook? (I almost did the other day...)
Go for it. That way next time the board goes down and you freak out we can freak out together!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

C is for wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:Oh, I'm not surprised, C. There's a link to my blog on my profile here, and there are pictures on my blog that lead right to my shop. So yeah.

Go for it. That way next time the board goes down and you freak out we can freak out together!
Will do! Also, I like your new avatar.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

i think red, orange, and yellow are more fall like. maybe it's because i live in a coastal town, but summer to me is all blues, greens, purples, and yellow.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I think green epitomizes summer. I couldn't even choose a second color, except to say that any addition should be vibrant. Summer to me means plants in full bloom, and growing up in a house with a father who was an avid gardener, I'm used to seeing plants in bloom that are green, orange, blue, violet, red, white, pink, black (well, really, just a very, very dark shade of purple) and everything in between.
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

Hey bob, I just checked out your Etsy store, and I must say, your bracelets are really cool. :) Nice talent you've got there.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Thanks, Sky Bones! : D I'm quite pleased with most of them.