Hobbes and Marzipan Borg

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

wired

Hobbes and Marzipan Borg

Post by wired »

I really have liked Hobbes' answers in the past. I recognize I am entitled to precisely nothing from the 100 Hour Board (or anyone for that matter). Finally, I hope this does not come across as whiny.

This Hobbes and Marzipan thing has become a bit annoying. I love reading the Board and generally just skim over content that I figure I won't care for. But the HaM thing keeps popping up and I am wondering other people's opinion on it. Am I just being ridiculous or are there others who find it tiresome?
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Oh, I thought about posting something like this. Yeah, I'm sick of it. I hope this Borg thing doesn't infiltrate the Board at large because it bores me. (But apparently that's not how the Borg work; I'm enough of a non-geek that I'm not even sure which universe the Borg belong in so not only am I slightly annoyed, I'm slightly mystified.)

I don't know; maybe it is that Hobbes and Marzipan get a lot of attention, but if the Borg had assimilated another writer (or group of writers -- HFACCK, maybe [ok, that acronym needs work -- what do they call it?]) then it would've been slightly less eyeroll-inducing.

Still love Hobbes, still love Marzipan. Hope this isn't all they're remembered for.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Ditto. Love you guys, but . . . the Hobbes and Marzipan thing got old a long time ago for me. Maybe it would be funny if I knew them, or knew the truth about what on earth is going on. But I haven't enjoyed their posts since they posted separately.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Looks like y'all just needed to wait a moment... there's a bit more going on than just Hobbes and Marzi being annoying. : )
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

True true. Interesting blog.

but I still think the Borg are weird.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

C is for complainer and wired is for whiner.

Just sayin' ^^'
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I don't really care for any of it either. Gim, do what you will with my 'nym.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Gimgimno wrote:C is for complainer and wired is for whiner.

Just sayin' ^^'
Whatever, Mr. "Those Two Are Such Troublemakers"
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

I am excited for another storyline thing. How long has it been since the last one?
My only problem with the blog is that they use OG as Oregon's postal abbreviation.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Darth Fedora wrote:I am excited for another storyline thing. How long has it been since the last one?
My only problem with the blog is that they use OG as Oregon's postal abbreviation.
*snort*

It really does seem like forever. Board Identity was back in ... 07? Or 08? Board Survivor was so long ago I don't think I've hit in the archives. Has there been something more recently?
Damasta

Post by Damasta »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Looks like y'all just needed to wait a moment... there's a bit more going on than just Hobbes and Marzi being annoying. : )
Oh...you're referring to the blog. I know someone who saw them working together in the library around the time of the Mad Limericist and according to werf, they were "definitely acting like they were involved", whatever that means. So I thought you were implying that they'd finally outed their relationship.
I am Ellipsissy...
Gimgimno

Post by Gimgimno »

Marduk wrote:I don't really care for any of it either. Gim, do what you will with my 'nym.
I'm just referencing the hatred this morning. It's not like we've avoided foreshadowing the future. Ya'll just had to whip out your juicers and start sipping haterade since the moment you woke up.

And Marduk is for Marzipan. So you don't really care for...yourself. Either. Ha. ha.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

And Marduk is for Marzipan. So you don't really care for...yourself. Either. Ha. ha.
Yeah, that's ... really funny. I'm going to go with "Marred sense of what's cool and classy on the Board." Since...that's a lot better. Lots better.

I'm not going to defend my "hating", for one reason because even though I understand better why Hobbzipan was chosen instead of another writer/group of writers I'm still not the hugest fan evar, and I kind of like the dubious honor of doing exactly what you guys probably figured some impatient readers would do. Looking forward to the comments in the next few days.

Plus haterade is my beverage of choice.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

What blog? I have no idea what's going on.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

http://100hourborg.blogspot.com/

It's at the top of the Board today.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Yeah. Lame and annoying. Agreed. Maybe this will finally be enough to kick my habit.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Meh. Even after seeing the blog, I'll stand by my original vote. I love you guys, but I am not a fan of inside joke drama junk. It might be funny if I knew them, but . . . maybe I'm just too old? I read the Board for the answers, not the oddly written stuff. But that's just me.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

There is a Star Trek movie called "First Contact." Watch it, it is available at the Provo library and on the internets. You will no longer be out of the loop.

Just sayin'.

{Am I allowed to say I'm not a fan of this? Probably not. I support everything the Board does as a collective! :D)
Gimgimno

Post by Gimgimno »

I think now is as appropriate a time as any to post a picture of some drink labeled "haterade" being consumed by an adorable woodland creature making a ridiculous face.

You haters all have poopy diapers for brains. No offense. Just sayin'.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Bahaha. I think it's well done.