Introduce Yourselves!

Introduce yourself and meet other readers!
Aurora

Re: Introduce Yourselves!

Post by Aurora »

Where might he be? Gainesville? Jacksonville? Miami? Ft. Lauderdale? Gulfport? Orlando? Tallahassee? I may know your friend!
Aurora
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Jacksonville.
Deus ab veritas
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

HOLY CRAP. Then we have a friend in common! Who is it?
Aurora
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Hrmmm..... well, I don't know about revealing real names on here.... his first name is Clint, does that help? Or you could send me a PM.
Deus ab veritas
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

hahahaha. i love what a small world it is. yup. I know them! As some of the few who DON'T have children, we get together and play often. His wife is a favorite person of mine.
Aurora
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Yeah, Leesa is cool. I went to high school with both of them, and actually wrestled with Clint.
Deus ab veritas
Rifka

Post by Rifka »

Hi! I'm Rifka.

I've been reading the Board for about 3 years, asking questions and commenting for about a year, and I just decided today that I should expand to the BoardBoard.

My nickname comes from the book Letters From Rifka, by Karen Hesse. I like to think I'm like Rifka-- short, blond, bubbly and talkative. I've wanted to be a board writer for a long time now, but I don't have the time to commit (and I'm graduating in April). I love writing, although I tend to be a little verbose. I also sometimes respond under my pseudo alias, A Family History Major, mainly when I want to sound more official about family history topics. I'm from Provo and love it (so no hatin' on Utah, please!), but I like to think I'm not totally naive/ignorant as I have served a mission and traveled a fair amount internationally. I actually still live on campus because one of my husband and I is a hall advisor, so I have the inside scoop on a lot of on-campus happenings. I love dark chocolate, reading, babies, music, and gardening, among other things. I'm looking forward to getting to know the writers and readers better through the BoardBoard!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Welcome!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Rifka,

I feel that I may know you. Did you go to Provo High and/or did your husband serve a Chinese-speaking mission in California?
Rifka

Post by Rifka »

krebscout wrote:Rifka,

I feel that I may know you. Did you go to Provo High and/or did your husband serve a Chinese-speaking mission in California?
Nope. I went to Timpview and my husband served his mission in Boston. Nice to meet you though, krebscout!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Hello from another Provo-ite! (Provian? Provonian?) Where did you serve your mission?
Rifka

Post by Rifka »

Katya wrote:Hello from another Provo-ite! (Provian? Provonian?) Where did you serve your mission?
I didn't know you were from Provo, Katya! I love you even more now! (You were already my hero because you're a librarian-- my dream job!) I served in the Wisconsin Milwaukee mission.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Rifka wrote:
Katya wrote:Hello from another Provo-ite! (Provian? Provonian?) Where did you serve your mission?
I didn't know you were from Provo, Katya! I love you even more now! (You were already my hero because you're a librarian-- my dream job!) I served in the Wisconsin Milwaukee mission.
Whenever I'm frustrated with my job, I should remind myself that I have somebody's dream job. ;)
Art Vandelay

Post by Art Vandelay »

Hello Board Board,

I am Art Vandelay and I am a new writer for the Board. I've been reading regularly for the past year and decided this summer to apply to be a writer. I am loving it so far and am just happy to be more involved in the Board community.

I'm a Utah native currently attending BYU and studying communications. I tend to see the world through the lens of pop culture as I was raised on movies. In almost every response I write, you will probably find a reference or allusion to something from pop culture. And this isn't exclusive to my writing, it happens in my speech and thoughts as well. Go figure. I tend to over think and over analyze just about everything and am fascinated with rhetoric. Also, I probably use commas way too much. But that doesn't bother me. Hope it doesn't bother the proofreaders that much.

Peace and blessings. Happy to be here.

-Art Vandelay
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Art Vandelay wrote:I'm a Utah native currently attending BYU and studying communications.
Where in Utah are you from?
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Hello Art Vandelay, I've liked reading most of your answers! Welcome to the Board Board. Also, you sound like a guy I used to date, but I am certain you are not identical.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Whistler wrote:Hello Art Vandelay, I've liked reading most of your answers! Welcome to the Board Board. Also, you sound like a guy I used to date, but I am certain you are not identical.
Heh. A mutual friend of ours?
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

how did you guess!?
Art Vandelay

Post by Art Vandelay »

Katya wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I'm a Utah native currently attending BYU and studying communications.
Where in Utah are you from?
I'm from South Salt Lake. And thanks for the welcome errrbody. If there are identical replicas of myself out there, I would sure like to meet them and hang out with them. Together we could probably decide once and for all if gentlemen really do prefer blondes.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I'm glad your priorities are straight.

"South Salt Lake" is the perfect answer, by the way, to say where you're from and say almost nothing about where you're from.