Introduce Yourselves!

Introduce yourself and meet other readers!
FauxRaiden

Re: Introduce Yourselves!

Post by FauxRaiden »

Evenin' Folks!

Not at all sure what to say about myself. Having read Marduk's introduction, I think he might be my doppelganger. So if you'd like to get a feel for my personality, go ahead and read his except for a couple caveats. I can't cook to save my life. And as important as the church is to me, I think he and I would differ on the purpose of the church in our lives.

I'm a student at BYU, recently transferred here from the UVU. Lived in Utah pretty well my entire life though I'm not sure I would consider myself a typical Utahn. As I've stated previously, I'm a pre-law philosophy major with a logic focus. At some point I'd like to start a double-major but for that to happen I'd have to actually decide which kind of law I'd like to practice. However, I've been having doubts about it lately but this isn't the time nor place for that.

I'd tell you where I work, but then I'd have to kill you. Besides, it would make me pretty easy to single out if I did. As for my screen name...well it really came up as an amalgamation of the different years I've spent on the internet. When I was much younger I used to play an online game (Ultima Online anyone?) and I would go under the name Raiden, because come on Mortal Kombat. Later, the name would become unusable by anyone because I'm convinced that no one is allowed to use any sort of common name on the internet without it being flagged as already used. At some point I added an "ator" at the end (Terminator) to compensate, but even that didn't last long. When I finally ventured into the Xboxlive world I was forced to change it to "FauxRaiden" which I guess is acceptable. On an interesting side note, nobody knows how to pronounce "Faux"; they all think it sounds like "Fox" but whatever.

Anyway, after that ramble I really sound like a huge nerd.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

FauxRaiden wrote: Anyway, after that ramble I really sound like a huge nerd.
If you're on here, you are most likely a huge nerd.

And welcome.
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
xkcd ***

Re:

Post by xkcd *** »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:I don't think I was contradicting myself. I tease/make fun of people I like, and the people I don't like I'm friendly to.
You've never made fun of me.

Curses.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

FauxRaiden wrote:On an interesting side note, nobody knows how to pronounce "Faux"
Ooh! Ooh! I know! Like foe, right?
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Crap... I feel like I should have teased you, because you are like on of my favorites basically. But don't tell the others. Also, Mrs. (formerly Burr), I would call you Carp if I was going to be around any longer.
Seb

Post by Seb »

Hi, I'm Seb (Saint Sebastienne). I've been reading the Board for quite a while, and I've looked at the message board frequently but haven't joined til now.

Also I am late for work so I'm gonna finish this later.
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

Hi! I am Indefinite Integral. I am a recent BYU grad just about to head off into the crazy world of high school math teaching. I love pretty much everything math related, hence calling myself Indefinite Integral. I have been faithfully reading The Board for about a year and a half and finally decided to come over to the message board.

I love to cook, and music is definitely my non-math passion. Whenever I get nervous or excited I tend to ramble a lot. I just start saying random things about myself or about math (more often the latter).

I am a native Utahn (born and raised!) but I would like to go live somewhere international for a while, just to broaden my horizons.

Last, but not least, Carrapicho, I think I know you. I'm not sure, but you sound like the description of an acquaintance I met a couple years back.

That's me in a nutshell.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Woohoo! I like you. Actually I don't know if that's true but I think I will like you! Welcome to the message board.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Welcome!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Yes, welcome, friendly integral! I taught high school math for a couple of years before I had kids, and am rather jealous of you right now. I miss it. Sniff.
xkcd ***

Post by xkcd *** »

Seb wrote:Hi, I'm Seb (Saint Sebastienne). I've been reading the Board for quite a while, and I've looked at the message board frequently but haven't joined til now.

Also I am late for work so I'm gonna finish this later.
Yay! You're in my top 3!

Carrapicho

Post by Carrapicho »

Indefinite Integral wrote:Last, but not least, Carrapicho, I think I know you. I'm not sure, but you sound like the description of an acquaintance I met a couple years back.
Really? :o It's quite possible! I do know a few math people around BYU, but I think most of them have been graduated for awhile. I don't mind at all if you do know who I am. How is it that you think we met?

Oh, and welcome to the board board! I'm new here, too, though I've been reading the actual Board for years. =)
Hypatia

Post by Hypatia »

Hello All!

Since I have already provided you with all the information you could possibly care to know about me (http://theboard.byu.edu/index.php?area=viewall&id=57786), I am just popping in to say hi!

- Hypatia
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

Hi! I've been here for basically forever, but I'll go ahead and introduce myself.

I'm the youngest of 8, born and raised in Orem.

I love to read. I actually am looking into getting a Nook (2 of my sisters have them and I am SUPER jealous). I am addicted to music. I own 2 musical instruments, though I don't really consider myself good at either one. I love math, but never did anything with that love.

Not sure what else to say. I'm insane, as you all know now. I'm sure there's more things about me but I can't think of them right now.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
habiba

Post by habiba »

Ha. The Nook e-reader. One of my favorite recent naming fails.
allahu akbar
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

TheAnswerIs42 wrote:Yes, welcome, friendly integral! I taught high school math for a couple of years before I had kids, and am rather jealous of you right now. I miss it. Sniff.
yellow m&m wrote:I love math, but never did anything with that love.
Wahoo! Fellow math lovers to share my insanity with.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Silas

Post by Silas »

I've been reading the Board for ages and have even participated here in the past, but nobody would probably remember me. If you're clever you could figure it out, I bet, but it won't do you any good to ask me because I'm not telling. Unless, of course, you know me in person in which case I'd be happy to admit it.

I'm a Ravenclaw. I love going out to eat, big cities, small towns, funny movies, and the Church. I dislike math and snakes of all shapes and sizes, venemous or not.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Silas wrote:I've been reading the Board for ages and have even participated here in the past, but nobody would probably remember me. If you're clever you could figure it out, I bet, but it won't do you any good to ask me because I'm not telling. Unless, of course, you know me in person in which case I'd be happy to admit it.

I'm a Ravenclaw. I love going out to eat, big cities, small towns, funny movies, and the Church. I dislike math and snakes of all shapes and sizes, venemous or not.
It took me like 3 seconds to figure out who you are. But don't worry, I won't tell anyone.
Silas

Post by Silas »

How clever you are.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

I think I figured it out, too. That was remarkably not difficult.

(just kidding.)

(but seriously.)