this board is broken

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
Imogen
Picky Interloper

this board is broken

Post by Imogen »

i don't want to have to use safari to log onto the board when i use firefox for everything else!!!!!!!!!!!! fix it!!!!
beautiful, dirty, rich
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

We're hoping to get the new forum up and running in the next couple of weeks! We promise!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I was having the opposite problem until yesterday! I could only use firefox for this board while I used safari for everything else. Weird.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Has everyone cleared cookies? Try that too!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

We should change your name.

"Bobthehelpfulone".
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

For some reason clearing cookies is only a temporary fix for me; if I do, it'll let me in using Safari for a while, but then shut me out again unless I use Firefox. (And for some reason, it won't keep me signed in in Firefox even if I check the box to stay signed in. But on a different computer, and using Chrome, everything works as expected....)
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Laser Jock wrote:For some reason clearing cookies is only a temporary fix for me; if I do, it'll let me in using Safari for a while, but then shut me out again unless I use Firefox. (And for some reason, it won't keep me signed in in Firefox even if I check the box to stay signed in. But on a different computer, and using Chrome, everything works as expected....)
This. Except that I couldn't stay signed in using Chrome.

Long story short: yes, there are a lot of errors. But one day, one day, my friends, all of this will be behind us.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I've always used Safari and have never had a problem. [knock on wood]
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I had a problem in Chrome for a bit. Then I cleared my cookies, and everything has been nice since.

PS you should get this forum moved before I leave so that I can jack up my post count!
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

I do most of my regular browsing in Firefox, but I recently started using IE over here because of all this mess.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I always use IE for this site, and have never had a single issue. True story.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Besides the fact that you're using IE. [ =
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:I had a problem in Chrome for a bit. Then I cleared my cookies, and everything has been nice since.

PS you should get this forum moved before I leave so that I can jack up my post count!
If we can get ahold of the database, your post count will be the same on the new site for sure. Even if we have to resort to scraping, I'm pretty sure I can keep that intact.
Portia

Re: this board is broken

Post by Portia »

This new one works better. The "font colours" are quite nice, and the annoying fake hypertext is gone.