Favorite Dreams

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

C is for
um Administrator

Favorite Dreams

Post by C is for »

link

My favorite dream (or, one that I remember as being a long-standing favorite) has to do with a boy, and I'm a little embarrassed about it.

But while looking through dreams I've had, I had a LOT of good dreams about not failing my lab class. I dreamed that my gel showed a band right where it should. I dreamed that my semester lab report was so good that my professor took it home for his kids to doodle cute things on, and had all the other professors read it too!

I never did get a gel that worked.
FauxRaiden

Re: Favorite Dreams

Post by FauxRaiden »

My favorite dreams are the ones that involve zombies believe it or not. I have an unhealthy love for zombies for whatever reason. Though I haven't had a zombie dream in a long time whereas I used to have them once a week at least. I don't know what changed.

I also love the superhero dreams which I have on occasion. The weirdest was being a ninja turtle, but whatever it worked for me.

Every once in a while I have dreams of coming into money like every one else and those are always awesome until you wake up.

I rarely ever have dreams about any sort of relationship stuff though. I wonder what that's supposed to mean?
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

I'm with C is for in that my favorite dream has to do with a boy, and I am also fairly embarrassed about it, which is why I won't divulge it in one of my first posts in an anonymous online forum.

Most random dream: I am somehow stuck inside a mall/hotel and there is some sort of organized crime unit which has kidnapped my brother (note: I don't have a brother). I run away from them while trying to find my brother, but the escalators always went to the wrong floor. I'm not quite sure how that works, though, maybe like the staircases in Hogwarts.

Yes, this is a reoccurring dream. No, I still don't have a brother.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
FauxRaiden

Post by FauxRaiden »

Indefinite Integral wrote:I'm with C is for in that my favorite dream has to do with a boy, and I am also fairly embarrassed about it, which is why I won't divulge it in one of my first posts in an anonymous online forum.

Most random dream: I am somehow stuck inside a mall/hotel and there is some sort of organized crime unit which has kidnapped my brother (note: I don't have a brother). I run away from them while trying to find my brother, but the escalators always went to the wrong floor. I'm not quite sure how that works, though, maybe like the staircases in Hogwarts.

Long lost brother that you don't know about perhaps? Your dream is about finding this brother that you're not consciously aware of, but you know he exists. So now you must find this brother.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I like my flying dreams. And the dreams that turn into story ideas.

One of my favorite things about my dreams is that there are now several places that I recognize that exist only in my dreams. There are two stores, a mall, a warehouse, and several outdoors places like a forest and a meadow. My dreams often go to these places and it makes me happy. : )
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

FauxRaiden wrote:
Indefinite Integral wrote:I'm with C is for in that my favorite dream has to do with a boy, and I am also fairly embarrassed about it, which is why I won't divulge it in one of my first posts in an anonymous online forum.

Long lost brother that you don't know about perhaps? Your dream is about finding this brother that you're not consciously aware of, but you know he exists. So now you must find this brother.
Wow, I never knew. Well, that gives me something to do this summer before my teaching contract starts in August. Anyone willing to join me in the hunt for my long-lost subconsciously known brother?
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Carrapicho

Post by Carrapicho »

I rarely remember my dreams, unfortunately. I do remember one when I was pregnant with my son, in which I felt like all my teeth were super loose and eventually started falling out. Kinda gruesome, huh? After I told my mom, she said she had the same dream when she was pregnant. Ew.

I recently had a dream that I was called to go back on a mission, to the same place I served before, and I was in a threesome with two companions I had previously had. Yet, I was still married and had to leave my husband and son, and I was so upset about it...almost like how husbands and fathers were called on missions during the early days of the Church, yet in reverse because I was the one going.

Sorry, those were two really bad dreams. I guess I don't usually remember the good ones...
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Carrapicho wrote: Sorry, those were two really bad dreams. I guess I don't usually remember the good ones...
I don't either. The most I get is a feeling after I wake up to return to the dream because I hadn't fixed the dream yet (although I never actually do).
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Pregnant dreams lays made me laugh. I'd always. Be doing something super awesome (like being ninja princess, saving my castle from infiltration), then right in the middle of something dangerous, I'd remember that I was pregnant and sit there and wonder if I was being too dangerous and should stop. I specifically remember being in the middle of a backflip and suddenly remembering that I was pregnant.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

I once had a dream that I kept Hasidic Jews safe under a Catholic church in Queens during a US version of the holocaust. I smuggled in food, told them to keep the kids quiet, and chased off scary looking soldiers.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I had a dream where I had to escape from Egypt. We were escaping through underground tunnels that led into the desert. Once in the desert I realized I had forgotten something, so I went back to get it. While retrieving the forgotten item my family and friends I was fleeing with were caught. Upon my return to them they were about to kill my brother for drinking water or some such nonsense, until the boy I liked stepped forward and sold my mother into slavery to save my brother. But then my mom wasn't sold into slavery and I married said boy. Only the boy I liked actually was the same person in real life. My mom was Marmee as portray by Susan Sarandon in Little Women. My brother was the boy from Cyber Chase.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

I was making out with Enrique..

I owned a dog racing track.

I had this magical stone that spun in the air and made ancient symbols that told me what to do.

Everyone was a dolphin and we lived in underwater caves where we could teleport using air bubbles.
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

This isn't necessarily my favorite dream, but I think it's hilarious.

I was marrying Sheldon Cooper. Yes, that Sheldon Cooper. What a babe.
We discussed Dalton's Law for a while.
When he asked if I loved him, I told him I was still learning what love is. Bahahah.
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Bazinga!