Board Dreams - Board question #58026

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Indefinite Integral

Board Dreams - Board question #58026

Post by Indefinite Integral »

Yes, it's true. The Board has officially made it into my dreams. I woke up Saturday morning with the strangest dream in my head. I know it involved CK, Gimgimno, Hermia, and a few others. Unfortunately for the masses, the majority of this dream is lost to the dream-sucking vacuum that is wakefulness. I was in a rush to run out the door with the non-dream version of Hermia and had no time to write down the awesomeness that was my dream.

Still at the request of CK, I'll give you what I've got.

We were definitely running around action-adventure style (that sort of thing happens frequently in my dreams) trying to do something ridiculously important, though I couldn't tell you what. Somehow Hermia was able to keep up with the rest of us long-legged creatures.

That was probably a fabrication of dream-induced craziness.

I also have the impression that CK and Gimgimno were fighting over me causing issues on our ridiculously important mission.

This is most likely accurate.

I don't remember a winner, which means I must have woken up before I got to that part or it is forever lost to the dream-sucking vacuum.

Anyway, have fun analyzing that.

Also, do any of you have board-related dreams? If so, I think this is the appropriate time to share them.

Oh, and here is the link for the original question.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Re: Board Dreams - Board question #58026

Post by xkcd *** »

The real question is, do you know them? If not, what did they look like?
But thick as you are, pay attention!
My words are a matter of Pride.

My Goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons, the voice of Scar from The Lion King, to follow me around and do my dialogue.
Indefinite Integral

Post by Indefinite Integral »

I have met them. In fact, I live with one of them. That, and the ridiculous amount of time I've spent on the board this summer (read: no job until I start teaching in the fall) probably contributed to the board-related dreams.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

Indefinite Integral wrote:Also, do any of you have board-related dreams? If so, I think this is the appropriate time to share them.
I can't remember ever having a Board-related dream, despite the amount of time I've put into it. Then again, I rarely remember dreaming at all.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I'm pretty sure I've had Board dreams. I was lying in bed last night and convinced myself that I've dreamed about Cognoscente and his missionary. (I think it was going well.) Most of them were probably last summer, though. Last summer is a bad time for me to try to remember things.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I once had a dream that I was visiting Gio's family. But Gio was out of town visiting my family. I think I've had other dreams with bob and her siblings in them, but I don't remember. Never actually dreamed about the board writers though, except the one who is in my ward makes an occasional appearance in crowds. But the Gio one stands out since I have no idea what he looks like or what his real name is.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I think I've just had that one dream where I was covertly meeting up with Vorpal to try and save the world.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I think this question may have induced a Board dream for me last night. It began in the Victorian era where Dragon Lady recruited me to do a bunch of tasks and I went above and beyond. My prize? I get to become one of her dolls to keep her company for all eternity. The only way out is to find a guy who will do a bunch of tasks to prove his love for you. I ended up searching for decades, becoming the oldest of Dragon Lady's dolls because the others didn't have to work so hard to get out because they didn't work so hard to get in. By the end, I still hadn't escaped. :(
Dragon Lady, will you please let me go?
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Dead Cat wrote:I think this question may have induced a Board dream for me last night. It began in the Victorian era where Dragon Lady recruited me to do a bunch of tasks and I went above and beyond. My prize? I get to become one of her dolls to keep her company for all eternity. The only way out is to find a guy who will do a bunch of tasks to prove his love for you. I ended up searching for decades, becoming the oldest of Dragon Lady's dolls because the others didn't have to work so hard to get out because they didn't work so hard to get in. By the end, I still hadn't escaped. :(
Dragon Lady, will you please let me go?
Wow. Somehow I missed this one. Probably because you weren't working hard enough. GET TO WORK! [snaps whip] Lucky for you, Yellow saw it and told me about it. And lucky for you, Yellow does dishes every night to prove his love for me. So I think all of the requirements are met. Except that you didn't find him. But considering that I don't want another guy proving his love for me (awkward!) I suppose I'll let you go. But I think you should give me a doll to replace you. I'm sure Dragon Baby would love it. ;)
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I had a Board dream last night! Somehow a bunch of pictures got posted in a question without the brown paper bags on the heads. I pointed it out (noting that my cousin was in one of them, and wondering when that happened...) and I got put in charge of putting the bags on. So I got a big bag and a small one (lunch bag sized) and just decided I would copy-paste and it would work great. But I was coming under figurative fire from either some writers or some snarky passerby so it was a lot harder than I thought it would be.
Tao

Post by Tao »

C is for wrote:I had a Board dream last night! Somehow a bunch of pictures got posted in a question without the brown paper bags on the heads. I pointed it out (noting that my cousin was in one of them, and wondering when that happened...) and I got put in charge of putting the bags on. So I got a big bag and a small one (lunch bag sized) and just decided I would copy-paste and it would work great. But I was coming under figurative fire from either some writers or some snarky passerby so it was a lot harder than I thought it would be.
At least it was figurative fire. I get worried anytime I see Rating Pending break out his AK-47, or Laser Jock working on his ICBMs.

Sweet dreams!
He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong. 33:1-4