Typing

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Typing

Post by Craig Jessop »

I hate chatting online with people who can't type fast. There's nothing I can do about it, so that's why I'm venting it here. Do any of you have coping strategies? Like fun flash games that can be left behind when they finally come through?
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Re: Typing

Post by thebigcheese »

Ha, reminds me of chats with my mom. She'll take a good 3-4 minutes to type out a question, and I'll take a good 3-4 seconds to type out the response. It actually doesn't bother me...I just know that I can't chat with her when I'm in a hurry or when I need a quick answer. Oh, and I usually have something productive going on in the background, like a project for my job. Or writing a paper. Or photoshopping something.

But if you like games, you'll need something untimed and unaffected by distractions. Hexagon is a good one, any puzzle game that doesn't have a time limit, or any game that can be paused. I don't play a lot of online games, so I can't offer a ton of specific suggestions. Solitaire?
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Yeah, mindless background stuff is the only way I can cope. I don't have any recommendable ones though, just reading stuff online or photoshop or something. My dad is a horrendously slow IMer, which is odd since he has worked with computers for 20 years. I'm with Craig, that drives me crazy.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Dice Wars. Wonderfully addicting and can be abandoned momentarily at any time.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Luckily my work can be completed in short spurts and is easily stopped and started. Instead of playing mindless games, pick up crocheting or knitting or knotting or something!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Podcasts? They keep my mind busy while I work.