Dinner Party

A place for the Admins to post announcements about upcoming events and changes in policy.
Indefinite Integral

Re: Dinner Party

Post by Indefinite Integral »

Marduk wrote:
Marduk wrote:Further information...Address is 606 W 1720 N Provo, apt 232 (Carriage Cove apts)
Haha, wow. I don't know how I missed that. I scanned the entire thread multiple times and somehow never realized that it was there. Must be all the hours of grading finally catching up to me.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Seb

Post by Seb »

Hey, this is ridiculously late and I don't even exist on this forum but I would love to come if that's alright!
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

It's okay, I don't eat much to start with and I had a lovely Indian buffet for a late lunch! Someone can share my portion.

Now to figure out the best way there...I should take State St, right?
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

C is for, depends on where you're coming from. Seb, of course that would be alright.
Deus ab veritas
Paperback_Writer

Post by Paperback_Writer »

Hey sorry I won't be able to make it! I had previous plans with some friends for tonight and I'm not able to get away as early as I thought. But I will be there with y'all next time for sure :) It was fun seeing some of you at the booth yesterday! -PW
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Man, tonight was really fun. Thanks for hosting everybody, Marduk!
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

yes, you enjoyed it, uh, in spirit? No, but thanks for coming everybody. Next time though, you'll have to let me do something Mexican.
Deus ab veritas
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

Awesome party! :D
Sky Bones
Board Writer

Post by Sky Bones »

That was a lot of fun. And the food was amazing! Thanks, everyone!!
Indefinite Integral

Ditto everything Sky Bones said. It was awesome to get out and talk to some non-high-schoolers.
"The pursuit of mathematics is a divine madness of the human spirit." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Hypatia

Post by Hypatia »

Marduk,

The food and times were fabulous. Thanks a ton!
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Kudos, Marduk: you win the Awesome Dinner Award! I had a lot of fun--and kudos to everyone that came and made it fun too!
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

Marduk wrote:yes, you enjoyed it, uh, in spirit?
Heh heh. I felt left out. :)
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

Remember my roommate who called me apostate? Well now he's including David O. McKay in the list... he quoted 2 Nephi 28:14 when I brought up and proved that President McKay disagreed with him on a point of doctrine (namely the relationship between Creationism and Evolution).
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Craig Jessop wrote:Remember my roommate who called me apostate? Well now he's including David O. McKay in the list... he quoted 2 Nephi 28:14 when I brought up and proved that President McKay disagreed with him on a point of doctrine (namely the relationship between Creationism and Evolution).
So your roommate is the new prophet? Man, now that I'm not in Utah, nobody tells me anything anymore! First the trek to Missouri that was announced on Twitter, and now this!
Indefinite Integral

Craig,
That roommate sounds thoroughly crazy. You should introduce him to some of the books written by/about apostles. Especially from the 20th century. He would be so busy categorizing all their faults that maybe he'd leave you alone for a bit.