Subway...eat fresh.

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Subway...eat fresh.

Post by thebigcheese »

Oh my goodness. This is my chance to share my all-time favorite Subway sandwich. I'm very passionate about this particular sandwich.

Order the Subway Club (the Steak & Cheese also works, as well as the Oven Roasted Chicken Breast) with the following components:

Pepper Jack Cheese
Lettuce
Tomato
Pickles
Cucumber
Mustard
A1 Steak Sauce (beware: the Subway in the Wilk has it, but a lot of other stores don't)
Oil & Vinegar
Salt & Pepper

Be advised, it's a very strong flavor. BUT I LOVE IT! The mustard and steak sauce really makes the sandwich. Plus, the cucumbers add a really nice crunch.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Re: Subway...eat fresh.

Post by Marduk »

I usually order a ham cause its cheaper, but if I have coupons or something I get a club. And then I get all the vegetables, including the jalapenos, mustard, mayo, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. I like a lot of things on my sandwiches.
Deus ab veritas
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

I never go to Subway. I'm not a sandwich person--just an occasional PBJ for me (very occasional--I just opened the jar of jelly I bought at the beginning of last semester a couple weeks ago).
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

If I'm not particularly concerned about cost, I'll get the Chicken, Bacon, Ranch. When I am more particular about cost, I'll just grab whatever sounds good on the cheaper menu, which changes per day. Italian Herbs and Cheese. 6". Swiss if they have it, provolone if they don't. Toasted or not is up for grabs based on how busy they are, how big of a hurry I'm in, and if my gums are feeling up to something crunchy or would rather something soft. Veggies are also up for grabs based on how fresh they look and my mood, but usually I get green peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, and sometimes pickles and banana peppers. Then, obviously, ranch.

And no matter what I get, I always, always, always, ask for parmesan cheese at the very end. Perfect way to add more cheese at no cost and it's delish.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Wow. I can't remember the last time I went to Subway. My traditional sandwich was usually turkey on wheat, with lettuce, tomato, mayo, sometimes salt and pepper. But I think last time I got the chicken bacon ranch and it was yummy.

Oh, lies. I went on choir tour last year and my mom and I always split the chicken salad sandwich. Edible. I mean, as far as raisins in your sandwich go.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

I get a meatball marinara (provolone, toasted) with nothing on it but parmesan and oregano. Sometimes I get an Italian BMT with provolone, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onion, and honey mustard. Mmmmmmmmmmm.
thebigcheese
Someone's Favorite

Post by thebigcheese »

Craig Jessop wrote:I get a meatball marinara (provolone, toasted) with nothing on it but parmesan and oregano.
Heh. I remember the very first time I ordered a sandwich at Subway. I ordered a meatball marinara. When I went through the line, I thought you had to get some sort of vegetable, like you couldn't just tell them no. So I got lettuce. On a meatball sandwich. Haha, it definitely wasn't my best sandwich experience.
stargirl

Post by stargirl »

Craig Jessop wrote:I get a meatball marinara (provolone, toasted) with nothing on it but parmesan and oregano.
That is exactly what I get… creeeepy…
"She was illusive. She was today. She was tomorrow. She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower, the flitting shadow of an elf owl."
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Oh man, you people are making me want Subway sooo bad right now! In a few months when I move back to America, I'm going to get a 6-inch veggie delight on Italian herbs and cheese with provolone cheese, lettuce, spinach, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, black olives, parmesan, oregano, and just the smallest amount of honey mustard.
Commander Keen

Post by Commander Keen »

Chicken breast with provolone, tons of lettuce, tomatoes, olives, pickles, some ranch, and a fair bit of chipotle sauce. Like a chicken bacon ranch, minus the bacon, but for $5.
<insert smarmy quote here>