Digit

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by Digit »

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Digit wrote:Boboli.
Thanks! They even are free from my Black List ingredients! I wasn't expecting that, honestly. We may have to make pizza soon! Maybe something like... chicken, artichoke, bacon, spinach on alfredo. That sounds really delish. And sounds like a Papa Murphy's ripoff... Bwahaha.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Those pans have to be seasoned first, DL.
Deus ab veritas
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

Digit wrote:
SmurfBlueSnuggie wrote:
I'm trying this tonight! :) Thanks for the recipe, Digit.
I hope you liked it, SmurfBlueSnuggie :) Honestly, I haven't had it from personal experience and just thought it looked good from the pictures on that recipe site I'll have to try it too.
It was really yummy! I didn't really follow the proportions or have all the ingredients (I'm still learning how to shop for 1. You would think I'd have learned after 4 years.), but the flavors go really great together. And frozen broccoli was completely acceptable.
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
Digit

Post by Digit »

I've had some great vegetables from the frozen section of the supermarket. I'd recommend Birdseye Steamfresh Asian Medley.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Going to Ekamai Thai tonight. TBS can testify that it is delicious.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Thanks for the explanation, DL! Someday when I'm brave and buy another whole raw chicken, I will try that. Maybe in a few weeks. :P

We had Carl's Jr. for dinner last night! There are approximately 5 chain restaurants in Boulder, but we were in another town that had all the chain restaurants. I don't really miss them, although the fried zucchini was good.
Violet

Post by Violet »

Portia wrote:Going to Ekamai Thai tonight. TBS can testify that it is delicious.
As can I. Before I met you at Rose Wagner I was definitely eating their curry.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

today I was wondering if DL sees pizza dough like I see making naan -- I've never done it before! But it looks like it's about a simple as making pizza, so next time I make Indian food I want to make naan with it.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Violet wrote:
Portia wrote:Going to Ekamai Thai tonight. TBS can testify that it is delicious.
As can I. Before I met you at Rose Wagner I was definitely eating their curry.
+1
We're also going to get a waffle again. MMMMMMM
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I went to buy frozen pizza dough last night. They didn't have any. [sigh]
Portia

Post by Portia »

Dragon Lady wrote:I went to buy frozen pizza dough last night. They didn't have any. [sigh]
I call shenanigans.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Hey DL, I'm trying this tonight. And it has shredded chicken! Don't know yet if it's good, but it's an option.

http://www.mamamiss.com/2013/03/27/eats ... cado-soup/
Portia

Post by Portia »

Portia

Post by Portia »

Your five-years-ago self like Hawaiian Haystacks. If that doesn't fit your incredibly detailed criteria, then I don't know what will!
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

This is my menu for the next few days. Not sure what which day:

- Pull apart pizza (biscuits cut up, mixed with pizza toppings, sauce and cheese, then baked in a casserole dish with cheese on top)
- Balsamic butter pasta with asparagus
- coconut chicken curry
- White bean chicken soup

All have chicken in it. Maybe I'll actually use all this up!

Though, we got a sample at the grocery store today of chili and Dragon Baby is requesting that we eat that for dinner tonight. "Mom, do we have green peppers? (Which she normally doesn't like) And noodles?" Turns out she was figuring out what was in the chili to figure out if we could make it. Good girl. :) So we might have to throw that in.

Also, I do like Hawaiian Haystacks! We've had them recently. And my pregnant tongue didn't like them. I don't know if that's because I forgot some essential ingredient or if it's just due to pregnancy. But it's made me not want them again soon. But I'm sure we'll have them again within a month or so.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Those all sound pretty tasty, especially the coconut chicken curry. Good luck!
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

We had coconut curry (from a mix) last night & it was really tasty. There were raisins in with it, which I thought would be weird at first. But they were great.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

thatonemom wrote:We had coconut curry (from a mix) last night & it was really tasty. There were raisins in with it, which I thought would be weird at first. But they were great.
We always keep golden raisins on hand, specifically for this very dish.

Also, we had the balsamic butter pasta tonight. It was, as always, delish. Mmmm
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

Whistler wrote:today I was wondering if DL sees pizza dough like I see making naan -- I've never done it before! But it looks like it's about a simple as making pizza, so next time I make Indian food I want to make naan with it.
Naan is easier than pizza dough. I have an absolute terror of anything involving yeast, and naan doesn't bother me. It's easy and fun. If I remember when I go home this weekend, I'll find the recipe I use.

Tonight I didn't know what I wanted for dinner. But I did know I wanted oatmeal scotchies. So I had one tortilla with a few slices of cheese and made cookies. It's been great. :)
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.